The Response - A Must Watch Conservation Through Hunting Video

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
What a great video!

Source: Dallas Safari Club YouTube

Anti-hunters and the hunting community share a common passion... their love of wildlife. However, the anti-hunter views wildlife through the nirvana-like bubble of national parks. The harsh reality is the vast majority of Africa's game lives outside of these protected areas, a point skillfully made by professional hunter Paul Stones in this response to an anti-hunter. An absolute must-watch for all hunters in the fight to protect our hunting heritage and the wildlife we love.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.44.59 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul did a very good job on this video! should be watched by EVERYONE!!! Hunters and non-hunter alike

Paul did a very good job on this video! should be watched by EVERYONE!!! Hunters and non-hunter alike
Agree 100%, Excellent video

Well done. A must view. To bad it is us who will watch and understand and others will be blind.

Superb reply.

Hunting pays for conservation, so stop hugging bunnies and shoot something....

Loved it, very well done. Thanks Paul for the time and effort you put into this.

It is so sad that their emotion overrules what little sense of reality they may have. Such a twisted and fanciful look at wildlife and not a clue of the disaster they are promoting. I hope, but seriously doubt, that they will ever realize the havoc their little fantasy is causing the wildlife, the African economy and way of life of the native people.

Extremely well done video. And sad so few understand the basic concepts.

If this message were just received by those with no dog in the fight, we as hunters and conservationist, would have no worries. But unfortunately, very few will ever see this, much less be able to digest and process the enormous message.

No truer statement has ever been made it is and will be the demise of Africa as we love it from the actions of the anti hunter and preservationist.
Hunters by there actions do not want to destroy but build up game populations and put there money where it counts. Any biosphere and it’s inhabitants man or wildlife that has zero worth will become a barren dead place not fit for man or wildlife

Hunters ,wildlife, and the poor folks who depend on hunters dollars are all screwed. When emotions rule the end results are always disastrous.

I hope this is not inevitiable, but the Keyboard warriors continue their blind fight against hunting without any evidence or even knowledge to support their agenda. They mislead others into accepting their opinions which would lead to the demise of habitat and wild animals. So sad for the very wild animals they think they are defending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anti-hunters and the hunting community share a common passion... their love of wildlife.

@Hoas, I have thought about this, and I have to respectfully disagree with you. I believe that we do not share a common passion with anti-hunters: hunters love wildlife while anti-hunters love individual animals. Therefore, hunters are prepared to utilize animals (sustainably) for the greater good of animals generally, while most anti-hunters I know refuse to countenance the killing of individual animals, regardless of the impact on animals overall.

A good example was the woman who brought the "three amigos" lawsuit in the US. I took this from another website:

. . . in 2012 the FWS lost a protracted legal battle. Environmentalists contended that, because the species [addax, scimitar horned oryx and dama gazelle] were endangered or extinct in Africa, they could not be “taken” in the United States without a permit from the FWS. The court ruling forced the FWS to require that ranchers had to obtain a special “take permit” for killing any of the “three amigos” and prevented ranchers from applying veterinarian assistance to the animals because they were “wild.” Defenders of Wildlife, The Humane Society of the United States, and Born Free USA applauded the court’s decision and pledged to challenge every application for a permit.
The woman who brought the lawsuit stated publicly that she would rather each of the species go extinct rather than be hunted (which certainly would be the fate of the oryx, which was then (and may still be) extinct in the wild).

I believe this is what anti-hunters - not all of them, certainly, but the large majority - are after. They believe that killing animals is wrong, and killing animals in the name of preservation of the species or of habitat preservation for the species doesn't make it right.

Thus, the two sides 'love' of animals is very different and I'd suggest essentially irreconcilable.

Thank you for posting this. I've met Paul Stones and he is an excellent spokesman for benefits of hunting.

@Hoas, I have thought about this, and I have to respectfully disagree with you.
No issue @Hank2211 but just wanted to mention that the text posted by @Hoas under the video is actually the text that Dallas Safari Club wrote to go with the video that they posted on YouTube.

See:
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 3.09.49 PM.png

@Hank2211 we always appreciate your valuable input, your clear and rational perspective on issues such as this.

No issue @Hank2211 but just wanted to mention that the text posted by @Hoas under the video is actually the text that Dallas Safari Club wrote to go with the video that they posted on YouTube.

See:
View attachment 330353

@Hank2211 we always appreciate your valuable input, your clear and rational perspective on issues such as this.

Thanks Jerome for setting me straight. Apologies to @Hoas for attributing that to him.

In Minnesota hunters kill and eat near 200,000 whitetail deer every year through sustainable harvest hunting. People don’t seem to be upset about that because the whitetail is prolific and there is a wider understanding that the state government is properly managing the hunting.
Protesting hunting in Africa is shameful in that it presumes no one in Africa can properly manage game. I wish there was more correlation drawn in the media between conservation in the US and conservation in Africa. The hard core anti’s wouldn’t believe it, but the moderates may be swayed. I’ve read that 80% of the US supports hunting deer for meat. If they could see that the same model is employed abroad that would help move the conversation.

Wow. VERY well written and delivered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaylonTova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!