Wiley64

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
When the Christmas decorations come out- I let my wife do her thing. She has to live with all the wild animals all year so if she has to doll these mounts up to help her cause for a couple of months, I have to go with the flow. Does anybody else have a spouse that incorporates their trophies into the holiday decor?

897492C2-4CD0-4D40-97B4-42069DC39E80.jpeg
B4F29244-DD25-44FA-A447-DBC447586304.jpeg
8FAF2784-B256-4125-84F1-36F490795790.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife asked me one year if she could spray paint the 'old antlers in the shed' gold for Christmas.

Needless to say, she got the 'What do you think?' look.

IMG_2995.JPG

Yes, she'll put red beads and hang stuff of them. I don't complain one bit, and truthfully, she does a great job decorating them. I'll have to take pictures this Christmas and post them here.

lol.. I read the thread title and took things more literally...

I pay thousands upon thousands at Christmas.. booking next years hunts, buying new rifles, etc (thankfully the wife prefers kimbers over jimmy choo I suppose)..

I wish the only price I had to pay was some lights strung across my cape buff euro mount! :D :D :D

My wife asked me about that this morning!

NO WAY.

Now, if she will pay for the next buffalo hunt and the head can hang in the 95% of the house that she controls, then she can dress him like a Yule Lad all year long.

Last edited:
My wife loves to decorate for Christmas and I’m more than happy to supply her with things to decorate! Next year, the good Lord willing, I’ll provide a Sable, Nyala and an Eland for her to work her magic.

Every year this happens and my wife truly has a ball doing it.

I consider it the welcome of great memories and I toast the memory of each hunt.

I admit it - I really enjoy it all.

Happy Holidays to you all!

My wife asked me about that this morning!

NO WAY.

Now, if she will pay for the next buffalo hunt and the head can hang in the 95% of the house that she controls, then she can dress him like a Yule Lad all year long.
Come no SD, it is not as if she is hanging tinsel on you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg