The Night My Father Saved My Life By Killing Three Lions Hungry For Human Flesh

Hoas,

my dad died a little over a year ago. he was my hero as well, reminded me quite a bit of john wayne, another of my boyhood heroes. i miss him as well, your story was a great reminder to me of one of the great men in my life. well done.

@1dirthawker I'm really sorry for your loss. Our dads play a very big role in our lives and when they pass away they leave a huge empty space. Luckily we have the memories of them that will never be forgotten.

Outstanding read, thanks for posting. I have read everything by Wilbur Smith that I could get my hands on over the years. Refreshing but not surprising to read of his views on male role models of today. Hopefully we will continue to admire deeds not words, but I would have to agree that those days seem to be in the rearview mirror for the most part.

but I would have to agree that those days seem to be in the rearview mirror for the most part.

adgunner,

i have said this to myself before, but then i think about the fine men and women in our military, that SERVE selflessly, gone from home for long periods of time from family and friends. they are some fine role models! so, after some consideration, (n) i have rethought my position. (y)

Outstanding, thank you for sharing!

I will be looking up his books as soon as I leave this site! I still have my dad and I pray one day I am half the man he is!
Society in general seems less genuine every day. Although I do agree with the above statement about military

1Dirthawker, 28 years in the Canadian Army and counting. I often forget the guys on my right and left, thanks for reminding me.

Awesome read !
I read a couple of Wilbur Smiths novels when i was youger and never really got into them .
Funny really but i never had a fire in my soul for Africa then.
My father died when i was only 14 .
I was a rebelous young man who did not see eye to eye with his father .
My father was a mountian of a man who said little and kept to himself .
New Zealand was still a wild place when i grew up , a place where a young man could still roam the montains and valleys and make a living hunting for a living .
I revelled in this environment for many years enjoying the solitude and extreme conditions by myself .
Sometimes only seeing someone evry few weeks .
It wasnt until i turned 50 and flew my family into the bush to celebrate my birthday and do some hunting i realized how much my fathers teachings and scornings had really shaped my life without me knowing .
Its a shame we we couldnt grow old togeather as friends but thats life sometimes .
Sorry if im raving on a bit but the story above bought back a lot o memories of my own .
I might start reading his books again .
Cheers Dory .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,