Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
NRA (Life), True Green Alliance
Hunted
USA, Finland, Canada, Africa, Greenland
.375 H&H Mag, 26” barrels, ejectors, manual safety, colorcase receiver, Talley rings—I “honored” it with the first scope I ever bought, a fixed power Leupold M8 4x.

9F5056C0-3BF4-4100-879B-5D2D082C6C0C.jpeg

3989A7C1-A3A8-4732-85C1-5C4D61C21DB2.jpeg

369A610F-D571-4B3C-AF03-ADC343AE6F73.jpeg

39B78668-00AA-42BE-B088-EBCD57D638DB.jpeg

E6FA30C2-CAEA-4A09-961F-7C36ED49F622.jpeg

What a beauty! She is gorgeous!
Congratulations!

Very nice looking gun! Congrats!

Looks like a Chapuis??? I have the same rifle if it is. Mine is the older model Agex Brousse. Great rifle and I have used it on 3 hunts in Africa.
Congratulations!

Congrats on the new addition!

Great looking wood on that one.

Nice lines on that rifle. My only complaint about the basic Chapuis is they use cyanide coloring rather than traditional bone charcoal fired case hardening on their receivers. It is what creates the ripple effect.

If the plan is to hunt it with a scope, I would suggest detachable mounts. Those look like Talley case colored rings which is a nice touch. I am pretty sure they also make a detachable version in that style. I assume the bases connect to a factory platform at the rib rather than a gunsmith made cut? If the latter, recoil can loosen a rib fairly quickly.

As others have noted, a fabulous looking stock. Look forward to hearing how it shoots.

Beautiful rifle! Nice choice. If you really wanted the QD option couldn’t you just buy the levers from Talley to replace the screw? Either way it will work just fine!

Beautiful rifle Tom, what loads was it regulated with? Do you already have a Buff Hunt planned?

Very sleek of line and elegant. What does it weigh?

Reactions: RTG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChanceSkin

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!