The Marauder Of Dublar Chor

I always enjoy your stories. Amazing how easily you seemed to eliminate these mauraders. I realize thats the results of years of practice and experience... Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

I always enjoy your stories. Amazing how easily you seemed to eliminate these mauraders. I realize thats the results of years of practice and experience... Thanks for sharing.
Bruce
@gillettehunter
Thank you very much . I can only attribute my success to my mentor , the late Pachabdhi Gazi . He was Bangladesh’s most famous hunter of marauding Royal Bengal tigers , with a total of 61 marauding Royal Bengal tigers to his name . He taught me everything one may ever need to know , about hunting down marauding Royal Bengal tigers . To this date ; the most difficult time which a marauding Royal Bengal tiger ever gave me , was in 1977 . I was assigned to hunt down a marauder and was given the impression that it was a cheetah . I later realized that the marauder was actually a Royal Bengal tiger , in the dead of night when the animal was roughly less than 18 feet away from me . I wounded him during our first encounter , and later had to spoor him through the Maulvi Bazaar forests and finish him off on the following day . He claimed one more human victim after I had first managed to wound him , on the previous night .

I find that most dangerous game animals are quite straightforward to take down , if one :
A ) Understands their behavioral patterns , well enough .
B) Understands their anatomy and weak points , properly
C ) Uses correspondingly appropriate armaments and ammunition

Thank you once again for a excellent read. Really love your writing.

What a great story, thank you Professor. Do you have any pictures of the tiger from the night you killed it?

What a great story, thank you Professor. Do you have any pictures of the tiger from the night you killed it?
@PARA45
I am honored that you have enjoyed this . Unfortunately , I do not possess any photographs of this particular Royal Bengal tiger on that night when I had shot it .

Back in those days , I was never particularly fixated on taking photographs of each and every marauder which I was hunting . Because I simply viewed it as a means of making some extra money ( quite akin to how an exterminator carries out his day to day pest control assignments , for a living ) . I did take more than a few photographs of myself with the slain marauders , over the years . However , this was invariably coincidental ; when someone else in our hunting party possessed a camera with them at the time . It was not until 1989 , when I realized that I actually wanted to author a book about my hunting experiences during Problem Animal Control Work assignments .

Fortunately , I have taken just enough photographs to use in my book when I had originally published it in 1994 . But in hindsight , I certainly wish that I had taken more photographs .

DC5A4A73-1962-4E78-8938-EB5B8AE6D31B.jpeg
7BA2EA6A-5A8C-49B3-B2C1-BFEBE312A3F2.jpeg
50E4A5BC-7064-4FDA-A293-A449F91C6F7B.jpeg

I made one of them the cover photograph of “ Jokhon Shikari Chilam “ ( “ When I hunted dangerous game “ ) , when I published the first edition of my book in 1994 .
D4EB2953-257E-4941-A9BD-4C506D37D7D4.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s probably been asked before but has your book been translated into English ? I for one would love a copy.
@Sika98k
I am having a second edition published in English for the international hunting market , on the January of 2021 . Until I joined AH forums , I never really thought that anyone outside Bangladesh would be interested in reading my book .

@Sika98k
I am having a second edition published in English for the international hunting market , on the January of 2021 . Until I joined AH forums , I never really thought that anyone outside Bangladesh would be interested in reading my book .
Excellent news.

@Sika98k
Excellent news! Please inform us when they become available.

Next day , I set off at around 7:15 AM in the morning in my old Ford pickup truck . By roughly 4:30 PM , I had arrived at the Khulna division ( located in the southwestern corner of the country ) . From there , it did not take me long to reach the Dublar Chor forest range of the Sundarban mangrove forests .

Once I had arrived there , I made my way to the head office of the Dublar Chor Forest Guards . Parking my old Ford pickup truck at the driveway , I went inside to meet the senior Forest Guard . Once I met the gentleman , I told him why I had arrived and I requested an LOA ( Letter Of Authorization ) from him . This letter was evidence that I was authorized to hunt down the marauding Royal Bengal tiger which was operating in the Dublar Chor forest range . I also asked the senior Forest Guard if I could enlist the assistance of a Garo tribesman for aiding me in tracking the marauder . The gentleman told me that a Garo tracker would arrive at the head office to aid me , by morning . He also handed me a map of the entire Dublar Chor wireless radio , so that I could communicate with the head office whenever necessary .

I ate my dinner at the mess hall of the head office of the Dublar Chor Forest Guards : A plate of mutton boti kebab and crispy paratha flatbreads . I completed the meal with a tin of sprite and then went to sleep in the store room of the head office . The Forest Guards were most courteous and accommodating because they provided me with a mattress , blanket and pillow for the night . The following day , I showered and shaved in the bathroom of the head office , before making my way outside . It was here that I would meet my Garo tracker .

His name was Vivuti and he was about 70 years old . A frail and hunch backed elderly man with a bald head and a scraggly white beard . His teeth ( perhaps he had nine or ten ) were all stained black due to years of chewing betel nut and he wore a tattered white T shirt along with a pair of blue shorts . Like most Garo tribesmen , his feet were covered with the traditional rubber sandal . He did not look like much , but I knew that most Garo tribesmen were immensely talented trackers whose appearances could be quite deceiving . Garo tribesmen do not shake hands but rather show their respect to others , with a long bow . Vivuti gave me the traditional bow and I paid my respects by bowing , as well .

I went to my Ford pickup truck and opened the trunk . I recovered my .458 Winchester Magnum , the box of Winchester Super Speed 510 grain soft nosed factory loads , my Laurona 12 bore sidelock ejector and the four Eley Alphamax LG shells . I loaded three rounds into the magazine of my .458 Winchester Magnum and I loaded two Eley Alphamax LG shells into the breech of my Laurona 12 bore sidelock ejector . I put three .458 Winchester Magnum soft nosed rounds in each of the two pockets of my sleeveless hunting jacket . I handed Vivuti my Laurona 12 bore sidelock ejector and the two extra Eley Alphamax LG shells . I asked him if he had ever fired a gun , to which he replied that he had once been a Sepoy in the army of British India ( prior to India achieving independence in 1947 ) . Satisfied with his answer , we both began our long day .

As I have mentioned in several of my previous writings , dinghy boats are the only feasible method of traveling through the thousands of canals which run through the Sundarban mangrove forests . For this reason , the Dublar Chor Forest Guards had provided with with a forest department issued dinghy boat . Our boatman was a pleasant gentleman man in his early forties , by the name of Mainur . It was Mainur’s duty to ferry Vivuti and myself all over the Dublar Chor forest range .
@ professor Muwla
I have learnt over a lifetime that a lot of our elders may be slower in body but usually are sharp of mind and have learnt and experienced things we can only imagine .
They can usually outdo the younger ones in a lot of tasks as they aren't in the hurry the the young are so don't tire as quickly. They know how to conserve energy while still getting the job done.
Bob

True to his words , Mainur arrived at our location to pick up Vivuti and I as soon as he had heard the gunshot . The three of us struggled to get the heavy carcass of the marauding Royal Bengal tiger to the dinghy boat , but nevertheless we eventually succeeded . From there , it did not take us long to reach the head office of the Dublar Chor Forest Guards .

An autopsy of the marauding Royal Bengal tiger , made it crystal clear why it had turned to feeding on human beings . He was a massive fully mature male , weighing exactly 272 kilograms . From snout to tail , he measured ten feet and six inches and was approximately nine years old . There was a healed wound in his paunch . It was a partially mushroomed 244 grain .315 calibre soft nosed bullet . I recognized the calibre , right away . It was fired from an Indian Ordinance Factories .315 calibre bolt action rifle . In other words , this must have been the work of an Indian poacher . Perhaps , the poacher had wounded the Royal Bengal tiger in the corner of the Sundarban mangrove forests which had fallen within India’s territory . Perhaps , the poacher had sneaked into the Bangladeshi part of the Sundarban mangrove forests and attempted to take down this Royal Bengal tiger ; right under our noses . Regardless , it was the actions of the Indian poacher which directly played a hand in this animal claiming 24 human lives . As I have mentioned in several of my previous writings , an injured Royal Bengal tiger turns to human beings for food because human beings are ( typically ) far easier to hunt down than Axis deer or wild boars ( the natural diet of the Royal Bengal tiger ) .

The Dublar Chor Forest Guards were extremely content with the relatively swift manner in which the marauding Royal Bengal tiger had been disposed of . The senior Forest Guard rewarded me , with the promised 800 Taka and I was also allowed to retain the hide of the marauder . I shared 400 Taka with Vivuti and also let him have the much sought after testicles of the marauding Royal Bengal tiger ( which as I have mentioned in several of my previous writings , the Garo tribesmen consider to be an aphrodisiac ) . Vivuti gratefully told me that he would give the Royal Bengal tiger’s testicles to his eldest son , who had just recently gotten married .

The following day , I took permission from the senior Forest Guard to let me shoot an Axis stag for the larder . The gentleman courteously gave me the permission , at once . Later during the day , I set off with Vivuti and Mainur ( in Mainur’s dinghy boat ) to go and look for a herd of Axis deer . While traveling downriver , we spotted an entire herd of these animals drinking the water at the edge of one of the larger canals . This is something which the Axis deer inhibiting the Sundarban mangrove forests always do . At roughly 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM everyday , they always come down in herds to drink water at the edge of the riverbanks .

I had both my .458 Winchester Magnum and my Laurona 12 bore sidelock ejector in the dinghy boat , at my disposal . I decided to try my hand at taking down one of the Axis stags , with my .458 Winchester Magnum . Raising the rifle to my left shoulder , I took off the safety catch and took aim at the neck of the largest Axis stag which I could get my sights on . Squeezing the trigger , I gripped the .458 Winchester Magnum tightly as the recoil kicked the butt of the rifle against my shoulder . A loud gunshot echoed through the entire Dublar Chor forest range , as the 510 grain Winchester Super Speed soft nosed bullet shattered the neck of the Axis stag . The large animal dropped to the ground at once ; dead on the spot . As the rest of the herd of Axis deer dispersed , I sent Vivuti onto the river banks in order to recover the carcass of the freshly shot Axis stag . This , he duly did and all three of us soon returned to the head office of the Dublar Chor Forest Guards .

I gave one leg of venison to Vivuti and one leg of venison to Mainur . I gave one leg of venison to the Dublar Chor Forest Guards and kept the final leg of venison for myself , to take back to Sylhet . We all decided to prepare the rib chops , tenderloins , liver and kidneys at the kitchen of the head office for immediate consumption . That night , we ( myself , Vivuti , Mainur and the Dublar Chor Forest Guards ) were all able to enjoy the feast of fresh venison at the mess hall . The chef who was working for the Dublar Chor Forest Guards , had a very special method of preparing Axis stag venison . At first , he boiled all of the venison in an iron pot . After that , he seared it on a very hot pan with a generous amount of canned butter . A healthy seasoning of fine grain salt , freshly ground black pepper and chopped fried onions added an unrivaled taste to the finished product . We enjoyed our pan seared venison with luchis ( a traditional Bengali small savory pastry , which is made from semolina flour and fried until very crispy ) and fried potatoes . A few bottles of local “ Hunter “ brand beer polished off this delicious meal .

The following morning , I set off to Dacca city in my old Ford pickup truck . I intended to make a speedy pit stop at my tailor’s shop , so that I could pick up my newly ordered check cotton poplin dress shirts and cream woolen flannel dress trousers . After that , I intended to return to Sylhet .

THE END
@Professor Malwa
Another excellent story professor. Did the young Garo gent go on to have may children.
I look forward to reading more of your great stories.
It is a pity you haven't transcribed your book into English as it would make fantastic reading.
Bob

Absolutely magnificent account , Anayeth . I truly miss Vivuti . I know that he passed away in 1980 ... But would you happen to remember how the noble Garo tracker had passed on to the happy hunting grounds ?
@major Kahn
My dear friend it is with great pleasure that I see you are still with us. I have missed your writings.
I have tried calling you on the phone and WhatsApp but to no avail.
Please write some more my friend.
I pray that friends panther shooter and Rahman are doing well. Please pass on my regards to these fine gentleman.
Your friend
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg