The Man Eater Of Maulvi Bazaar

My compliments to both the narrator and the author.......very enjoyable reading. Poton, what languages does Mr Sharrif speak, and which would be his first language? And for you, sir? Forgive me if you have answered this in prior posts, my memory is not what it once was.....Bill

My compliments to both the narrator and the author.......very enjoyable reading. Poton, what languages does Mr Sharrif speak, and which would be his first language? And for you, sir? Forgive me if you have answered this in prior posts, my memory is not what it once was.....Bill
No apologies necessary , Bill .
Riaz is Bangladeshi . His 1st language is Bengali . However , he also speaks English , Hindi and French .... As well .
My 1st language used to be Hindi ( When I used to live in India ... prior to moving to Bangladesh ) . However , I also speak English , Bengali , Spanish and Italian .
We both served in the Bangladesh military . And you need to know at least 4 languages . You have to be capable of speaking Bengali , English and Hindi . And you have to choose any 1 other language . I already knew 4 languages before getting conscripted in to the Bangladesh Liberation War in 1971 . I later learnt how to speak Italian in 1976 ... mostly as a form of recreation , at the time .

I certainly pity our soldiers who choose Chinese language ... as their 4th language ! The Chinese alphabet is the most complex of all alphabets of all cultures , on God's Green Earth .

Amazing...........I am always impressed by those who speak many languages.....most Americans are very ethnocentric.....they believe one language is enough. I have been lucky enough to hunt all continents, and the thing that amazes Americans most...those that accompany me at times.....is that others also have a life.....and they want the same things.....family, friends, security....and their lives are very much like ours. But they don't expect the world to revolve about them, and so learn the ways of others ; like their languages. My father speaks only two languages, but is one of the very rare people that speaks them both without accent. I speak only two. Don't get me wrong.....I am a proud American......but I recognize your skills.......in many areas, it would seem....thanks for posting........Bill

Thank you for another hunt from a different time and era!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross