The Magic Of Traditional Bow Building

Paolo Mauritania

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Mauritania-Senegal border
Donato Milesi, a bow maker from Italy, pupil of Jean Marie Coche, pupil of John Schulz, pupil of Howar Hill. Builder of one my American Semi-Longbow Howard Hill design (63#@28"), fast flight string, named "Howard"; yes........we name our bows.

Paolo, somehow attached to one of your videos was a demonstration by a longbow shooter. Although I never shot a longbow I shot recurves instinctively for years. Four arrows into a two in circle at thirty yards was my expected norm. I must say though that my hunting success rate went up considerably with the advent of compound bows at roughly 300 FPS. Now at 77 I'm reduced to using a cross bow, but I enjoyed your videos nonetheless.

The shooter is me, I used to have a large basement, and daily I used to shoot 30-40 arrows for form into a hail bail at 15 yards, in between hunting trips. hard to let traditional go....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darrell572

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg