The Magic Of Hunting

@billc

I see your point, but there definitely is a difference in hunting and harvesting. I'm not putting down anyone who is hunting, no matter the size of land or size of trophy. But the general population will judge and vote against hunters if we do not differentiate the two

I have to disagree with you. The anti community couldn't care less about how you hunt, how much land the animal had to roam on, whether there were fences or not, or any of the other things hunters debate. It's all unacceptable to them and differentiation between styles and techniques is irrelevant.

Its my humble opinion that if you care about defending your right to hunt the way you want to, then you need to defend everyone's freedom to hunt the way they want to. Your opponents considers it all immoral and unethical. The method you choose to carry out your "immoral" or "unethical" hunt doesn't matter to them.

We're either unified or doomed to failure.

I have to disagree with you. The anti community couldn't care less about how you hunt, how much land the animal had to roam on, whether there were fences or not, or any of the other things hunters debate. It's all unacceptable to them and differentiation between styles and techniques is irrelevant.

Its my humble opinion that if you care about defending your right to hunt the way you want to, then you need to defend everyone's freedom to hunt the way they want to. Your opponents considers it all immoral and unethical. The method you choose to carry out your "immoral" or "unethical" hunt doesn't matter to them.

We're either unified or doomed to failure.

I'm not talking about antis. I'm talking about the rest of the population that doesn't hunt or have an opinion either way. They do get swayed by the words we use to describe hunts. We need to be careful in how we describe the way we hunt. Many of my coworkers do not hunt, and when I discuss my future hunt in Namibia with them, I can see their faces change almost instantly. They have images burned into their minds about "high fence" hunts because we've used that word and the media has turned it against us.

I even had a hunting coworker say he didn't understand why someone would hunt a lion. I had to ask him what the difference was between that predator and the North American predators he hunts here. He didn't have an answer. I told him he thinks that way because of the influence of the media, and that they have differentiated hunting on other continents with how we hunt stateside.

I'm not saying we are trying to sway "anti" hunters, more so the general population that doesn't have an opinion until we say or use words that are truly detrimental to our cause. We need to choose our words wisely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you