AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
One of the world's fastest-growing outdoor conventions and expos, the 2018 DSC Convention, will return to Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center and Omni Hotel Dallas in Downtown Dallas.

unnamed-2.jpg

This year's theme is Legacy. The dates for The Greatest Hunters' Convention on the Planet™ are Jan. 4-7, 2018, Thursday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Sunday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The family friendly 2018 DSC Expo is open to the public and will fill a record 800,000 square feet with 1,000 exhibitors and 1,800 booths featuring outfitted hunts, guns, gear and much more. Plan on more than one day to see it all!

Evening events include the pre-show Wednesday Welcome party at Gilley's, and the gala dinners with live auctions to follow, Thursday through Saturday, all beginning with a cocktail hour at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are still available through www.biggame.org.

unnamed-2.jpg

Hunting Legend Larry Weishuhn

The Zeiss Stage in Hall F will again host outdoor legends such as Craig Boddington, Jim Shockey, Jim Zumbo, Larry Weishuhn, Blake Barnett, Ron Spomer and others, telling tales from hunt camp. Also featured will be the indescribably fun 3rd annual Professional Hunters' Cup and a special panel of game wardens, who are the boots on the ground in Operation Game Thief, talking about poaching and other dumb things wildlife criminals do.

unnamed-3.jpg

DSC's Artist of the Year Sally Maxwell

Showcased during the event will be artist Sally Maxwell, chosen as DSC's Artist of the Year. Maxwell's art is primarily on scratchboard, which produces stunning works depicting the beauty of nature. Her subjects range from wildlife to people, and show a meticulous attention to detail and color through the effects possible with scratchboard. Maxwell will have a special auction item included in the live auction lineup and will have artwork featured on the cover of the Convention issue of Game Trails for 2018.

The DSC convention and expo is one of the biggest fundraising events in Texas. Over the past six years, the live and silent auctions have generated more than $6.7 million for conservation, education and hunter advocacy initiatives around the world.

In 2016 alone, DSC raised more than $1.4 million for conservation causes worldwide, plus another $1 million specifically for youth education.

unnamed-4.jpg

For more information, to register for banquets or book hotel rooms, visit www.biggame.org.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 146
We'll be there, with bells on!

Looking forward to it!

I am coming with 50 high school kids on Thursday. Just warning ya'll.:whistle:

Already got rooms booked and getting excited.

If by chance My wife and me were in Dallas one year when the convention is on .
Can we spend a couple of days having a look around the show ?
Do they have door sales for the public ?
Or would we have to join the DSC .
Because we live so far away it would only be a one time event for us .
Cheers Dory .

Unlike SCI, DSC is open to the public. And free to active military and law enforcement.

My wife and I will be there - first timers at DSC.

If by chance My wife and me were in Dallas one year when the convention is on .
Can we spend a couple of days having a look around the show ?
Do they have door sales for the public ?
Or would we have to join the DSC .
Because we live so far away it would only be a one time event for us .
Cheers Dory .

Come on and stay awhile. Y’all are welcome

Thanks guys .
Something thats been buging me for a while now .
Loved to attend one of theses shows .
We would have to leave New Zealand on the 1st , to get to Dallas on time .
Being sober after New Year could be a problem though .
I wonder if i ring them , they could put it back a couple of days for me .???
How hot would it be in dallas that time of year ?
See the main hotel for the event is booked out .
Whats the best hotel in your opinion to stay ??
Cheers Dory .

Thanks guys .
Cheers Dory .

Depends how much you want to spend on a hotel. There are lots of choices in the general vicinity of the convention center and downtown area. You can also stay a bit further out and just catch a taxi to the convention center.

I recommend checking out one of the travel booking websites to see what's close- or Google for that matter. You can do a search for hotels near the Dallas convention center and it should show availability and cost.

My Google search returned a decent number of hotels ranging from about 100 to 300 USD per night within about a mile of the convention center.

Thanks guys .
Cheers Dory .

Don’t be surprised if it’s snows on the first day of the convention and you will be enjoying the hotel swimming pool on the last day.:D

Thanks Guys .
Im a bit of a small town guy .
Bloody gobsmacked at the choice of hotels in Dalls
Now all i need is the chinese to pay pay me a decent price for my crayfish and well be sweet .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg