Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
I saw the post on this site from Mr. Thomas and since I have recently finished and enjoyed “Something about Buffalo” I decided to order “The Hunting Game” and see where it took me. I private messaged Mr. Thomas and asked about the possibility of getting an autographed copy for me and my brother who is also an avid reader. Mr. Thomas very graciously accommodated my request and both copies arrived at my house in good order via air mail. Ordered from his site rather than amazon to make this a possibility.
This is my personal favorite of his four books so far. Chapters on many plains game opened the floodgates of my own trophies and experiences with them while other species perked my interest in someday hunting them as well. The extra chapter added is a priceless story of a seemingly great man and his rifle. What I wouldn’t give to have been the hunter to remove the butt plate on that rifle! many other topics of interest and another African treasure for my collection.
I also greatly appreciated his stating the loads used by the hunters-often including the powder and primer as well as the bullets used. Most “sponsored” authors don’t do this, and us loading junkies need the info!
My only negative and argument with the book and it’s author is that I would love to own in in a hardbound copy rather than softbound or electronic.
Kudos to the author on a job well done!

0FFAA720-06C6-4BB7-B973-D1AB88B38159.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear the review. I have been planning to order after reading “Something About Buffalo”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross