The Great 1800 Era Weltevreden Black Powder Rifle Hunting Expedition

@Gert Odendaal Just found this report- what a great story! Quite the adventure you and your friends enjoyed! I look forward to next year's report!

It seems very remarkable to me that every man does not wish to own and shoot well made rifles, especially historically significant designs or at least reasonable copies of same, such as the Model 98 Mauser, Farquarson, Martini and rolling block Single Shots as well as various double barrel and drilling types, just to name some of the main ones.
Sadly, so many are guilty of a wasted life in front of the television, worshiping some sports celebrity or movie star, whom they will never even meet.
"Slaves may own equipment for playing ball games, free men may own firearms for protection, hunting and target shooting".
I agree with Paul ( Velo Dog ).
Witold

Fantastic thread and adventure! Thank you for posting Sir. Looking forward to the next season's adventures.

Here is an image from around 1880…

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day to you Jerome/Members

Jerome, do you have more information/history regarding the origin of this photo? May I send it to a friend of mine to see if he can get a historical background about this photo ?
Regards

Gert

Gert, Regrettably I do not have any other details on that photograph and yes you may share it with your friend. PM on its' way...

Unbelievable...
Must have been an experience never to be forgotten.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg