The first alligator hunting season since 1973 opens in September

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
The North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission approved a limited hunting season of the American alligator

RALEIGH, N.C.—-For the first time since 1973, hunting alligators is now legal in North Carolina.

With several provisions, the North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission has approved a limited take of the American alligator.

The Alligator Management Plan was introduced to combat increased human-alligator interactions, which have been on the rise particularly in southeastern North Carolina. In New Hanover County where development of its natural habitat is constant, the American Alligator has been on N.C. WRC’s radar this year.

One aspect of the Alligator Management Plan, a project introduced in October to mitigate increased gator sightings, was to allow a limited hunting season of one of earth’s oldest creatures.

Though the N.C. WRC received over 611 emails opposing the take of alligators, it approved a limited hunting season, from Sept. 1 through Oct. 1, during its meeting Thursday.

Only one gator is permitted per permittee, with specifications on how to kill the animal.

“Alligators could only be taken using hand-held ropes or catch poles; hand-held or rod/reel snatch hooks; harpoons or gigs with attached restraining lines; baited, wooden pegs less than 2-inches in length attached to hand-held restraining lines; archery equipment with arrow-attached restraining lines,” the new regulation states.

According to N.C. WRC’s Diversity Biologist Alicia Davis, no permits are being issued at this time.

Source: https://portcitydaily.com/local-new...hunting-season-since-1973-opens-in-september/

It is always interesting to read the comment section to these articles. There are some crazy misinformed people out there.

Last edited:
Does this mean there will be a new reality TV show??? Like

TAR HEEL PEOPLE
BLUE DEVIL IN THE SWAMP
THE DEAMON DEACON DYNASTY

Or something..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois