The Exotic Game Market Goes Bang

Interesting thread. I often wonder what the future holds for U.S., African and other worldwide hunting venues when the boomers stop hunting.

Greed always gets ya. If not now...tomorrow or next month or...… Hell I am hoping to hunt Benin in 21 Roan trophy fee now $1800. Yes $1,800.

Have heard that Benin is starting to have the same problems as B.F., in their northern hunting district by the Park. It will be interesting to hear how this years hunting season goes.

Have heard that Benin is starting to have the same problems as B.F., in their northern hunting district by the Park. It will be interesting to hear how this years hunting season goes.
Yes sir you are correct. Spoke to our PH recently he’s going to give us a report in March on the conditions on the ground, but so far he told us he has heard nothing from the folks he leases from.

I have no interest in hunting a golden wildebeest. They just don't look natural at all. Looks like greed got the best of them. Sounds like to me hunters will be getting some deals on future hunts at dirt cheap prices!

Had a conversation about exotics in 2016 with a good friend who is a game breeder.
He said there is a bubble, both for color variants and the expensive plainsgame, like sable and roan. As he was one of the first who started with exotics in all colors you can think about, that will not hurt him much financially, and he has incredible offers for these, as there are still hunters interested in these animals.

Fortunately he has leased hunting rights in a huge cattle farm where the wild animals have never been managed, other than drinking at boreholes.

This reminds me of the potbelly pig and emu, llama markets in NA. The first ones in made out like bandits. The poor slobs who bought later were left with no value and lost money. Matter of fact my brother in law bought several emu just in time to see the market crash. One killed itself when it escaped. Couldn't give the other away. Big loss of money. So much for sure thing big profits.

I had an uncle who was going to get rich on Emu and ostrich. the first load we took to a sale the guy at the gate informed him
it was 10 dollars a head to run them through the ring and they had been bringing about five dollars a head. He pulled over and
opened the gate on the trailer! Watching all the people chase them around the parking lot and surrounding country side had huge
comedic value!!! But of course I hadnt invested!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhakhoa123

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,