Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Africa Geographic / November 19, 2015

Breaking news has also come out of the Professional Hunters Association of South Africa (PHASA) AGM. A motion has been passed that disassociates PHASA with the captive-bred lion industry until such a time that the industry can convince PHASA and the IUCN that the practice is beneficial to lion conservation. This came after canned lion breeders and supporters were apparently outvoted 147 to 103. © Janine Avery

A post on the Facebook page, The ‘Con’ in Conservation states: “This won’t ever happen, so its over for them. Thanks to Ian Michler and his Blood Lions documentary, which made such a big difference.”
Blood Lions also stated on their Facebook page that the recent screening of their documentary on the lion breeding industry to European Parliament members, “may well turn out to be the most significant one to date.”
Following the screening, the UK government has decided to meet next week for a full debate on the conservation status of lions, including the role played by all forms of trophy hunting. There was a commitment from the MEPs to ensure that Blood Lions would eventually be seen by the politicians of every state in the EU.
Matthias Kruse, the editor of Jäger, the leading German hunting magazine, made the trip to Brussels especially to see Blood Lions. He announced after the screening that, as of next year, Germany’s leading hunting show that is held in Dortmund will no longer allow the advertising or selling of any form of canned or captive hunts. The show will also no longer allow the sales and marketing of any species bred as unnatural colour variations, such as golden wildebeest.
- See more at: http://africageographic.com/blog/the-end-of-canned-lion-hunting-looks-imminent/#sthash.r8S8aezE.dpuf

PHASA DISTANCES ITSELF FROM CAPTIVE-BRED LION HUNTING

News Release - Polokwane, 19 November 2015
At the 38th annual general meeting of the Professional Hunters’ Association of South Africa (PHASA) held in Polokwane yesterday, the majority of PHASA members present voted to distance the association from captive-bred lion hunting until such time as the South African Predators’ Association (SAPA) could prove the conservation value of this practice to both PHASA and the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN).

NAPHA congratulates our colleagues from PHASA to take a stance against canned lion hunting.

Source: Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA)

The end of all lion hunting is imminent....

Jaco, I agree with you. In my opinion the timing of this announcement could not be worse since blood lions and the Cecil debacle are less then 3 months old. It gives the impression hunters and our organizations will cave to political pressure.

Next up blood leopards, blood elephants, blood Rhinos, blood spring hares, until we are hunting everything in a fence in TX.

I find it hard to believe that people have time for such crap... Especially with these ISIS buggers running around threatening the whole planet!

I believe this was the final nail for Lion hunting in Africa. This vote by phasa members should actually never have taken place. 147 members of a click have secured the final fall.
I have been asked before why I would never join phasa and this is one of the reasons.
This could not have come at a worse time.

I believe this was the final nail for Lion hunting in Africa. This vote by phasa members should actually never have taken place. 147 members of a click have secured the final fall.
I have been asked before why I would never join phasa and this is one of the reasons.
This could not have come at a worse time.
Bossie the flip side I you had joined you could have affected change.....

Jaco it might be so but there is a few things in life I done join or take part in FB and PHASA is 2 of those.

But it's onle my 2c opinion.

Blessings to all

Money talks.... I'll wait and see.

I have never been a fan of canned Lion hunting, but I believe all Lion hunting across the board, will soon be a thing of the past.. anti-hunters, as well as the Liberal feel good crowd, are much more vocal and gaining traction with Lib government officials and the mainstream media. They would gladly destroy economies and livelyhoods to advance their selfish agenda's.

Sucks... Not a very far leap to Plains Game next. This combined with rising trophy fees over the next five years all adds up to me like many people are just encouraged to stay home. So I suppose it could good for US game ranches, but sure looks to me like the beginning of the end of the African Hunting Safari. Glad I am going next year ....

Feel good, bunny huggers, whatever you want to call them will keep coming. Hell there is a group in the states that wants only free range chicken eggs served in food service establishments......saying cages are cruel. Those same people say it's cruel to kill chickens for consumption. These same people don't want you to be able to own a gun much less be able to hunt with it anywhere! Nut jobs! All of them but they are winning.
Next up will be Kudu and impala hunting being questioned.

Just another group of guys who think they know what is best for all. Phasa is just like any other group they do what they think is best for them but with even less say on what guys do in the hunting business.

They just caved to the anti hunting bs. What I am really sick of seeing is all the hunters who use the the word the anti's made up to call the raised lion hunts. The whole canned bs is there saying and hunters feed right in to it.

I know all the phasa guys really think the anti hunters will stop with raised lions but when kudu is next or what ever else they decide they want to save happens next. There is going to be a whole lot of guys who will be saying I told you so. They just opened the can of worms that will start a never ending attack now on all hunting raised or so called wild animals. Once they win one battle they will come harder then ever.

Also save me the speech on how phasa has done so much to help hunting. Anything they decide to do is to save there own ass or put money in there pocket. What saved hunting in africa is the clients who spend there money in africa and we have just been sold out by this group thinking of themselves.

You dont need to like all the ways guys hunt but going the route of picking the sides of the anti is plan wrong. It is very simple you dont like the hunting of raised and released game dont hunt it but it will best for all if people stop picking sides they help the anti's.

I hope a whole lot of PH's decide to drop there phasa membership over this and see it for what they are now. Just my 2cents on the bs

Last edited:
This what happens when we let some liberal media run the world :E Horrified:. They want all hunters to hide in closet :E Frightened:

Very good news Jerome.
A canned lion has nothing to do with hunting.
Nothing!
All of you knows that.
Its only a shameful shooting of a throphy for a lot of money.
Hunt lions in Zambia,hunt them in Tansania and you see what a real lionhunter is.
Foxi
Käfigjagd Löwe.jpg

Very good news Jerome.
A canned lion has nothing to do with hunting.
Nothing!
All of you knows that.
Its only a shameful shooting of a throphy for a lot of money.
Hunt lions in Zambia,hunt them in Tansania and you see what a real lionhunter is.
Foxi

Do you honestly think that Zambia and Tanzania can supply the demand so that all hunters can be real lionhunters? If I am not mistaking Zambia also banned Lion hunting recently and after realizing their mistake it was quickly reopened again.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32815508

Why Zambia lifted ban on hunting lions and leopards
By Milton NkosiBBC Africa, Johannesburg

Big-cat trophy hunting is regarded by many as primitive in this day and age.

So why would a country like Zambia lift the ban on the shooting and killing of its precious lion and leopard populations?

The answer is very clear - it is the need for foreign currency in order to fund sustainable wildlife programmes, which can be costly, and also to benefit local communities.

Trophy hunting is a multi-million dollar industry - a licence to shoot a lion can cost up to $25,000 (£15,000) in neighbouring countries.

Please read more by following the link above.

Blessings to all

........... If I am not mistaking Zambia also banned Lion hunting recently and after realizing their mistake it was quickly reopened again.

Not really "quickly". It took two years. Hopefully, they have a better "plan" in place now regarding sustainable use.

i thank god that my wife and i were able to hunt africa 5 times.not a lot of times but better than none.with the way things are going soon nobody will get to hunt africa unless things take a drastic turn in our favor!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois