AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Guys,
Below is an email sent to my good fiend of mine in Zim. (When it comes to elephant tracking, He is a legend in Zimbabwe!) He worked with Osprey to put together a short film that gets the truth out there about the elephant situation in Zim. He has asked me to help and get this out to sportsmen and conversationist in my circle of friends. This is a "must watch" video that, hopefully, will go viral. Enjoy and please feel free to copy and paste the link to emails to all conservationist in your circle of friends.

Sent: Monday, 12 January 2015 7:59 AM
Subject: The Elephant and the Pauper
Hi,
I hope that you had a nice vacation and all the very best for 2015. Please click on the link below to watch the elephant movie that we have just completed? Please can you send this link out to as many people as possible and ask them to do the same? We need to make this as viral as possible. John Jackson will be submitting the movie to USFWS today so let's hope that it helps. Thanks again for the footage and for hosting me and arranging the interviews etc, without that we would not have been able to complete this movie. Please do take some time to watch the movie and let me know what you think of it? http://vimeo.com/user17366897/review/116473289/88ae4be861
Cheers
Zig

Last edited by a moderator:
on its way wes , and yup he can be a "fiend" and a liability especially in a bar!! :ROFLMAO::D
Hey Mike! I see you also know him very well!!!! One of these days we'll have to share stories......lol

Hey Mike! I see you also know him very well!!!! One of these days we'll have to share stories......lol

will have to drag you to the aurora bar(think thats its name) in the luxor, and then you can put him on the spot!! :E Big Grin::D Beers:

will have to drag you to the aurora bar(think thats its name) in the luxor, and then you can put him on the spot!! :E Big Grin::D Beers:
Wish I could bud, but I won't make Vegas this year. he will be there in Sporting International's booth. Be sure and tell him I said y'all needed to partake in a few Zimbabwe Bulldogs at the Aurora. I'll be with him at the Houston Show this weekend so I'll see if we can get in some kind of trouble!!

ok , enjoy and tell him he needs to get in training for vegas!!! :D Beer Bottle::D Beer Draft::D Booze::D Cheers::D Cool Drink::E Big Grin:
Will do! Bakerstreet Pub is the usual training facility at the show here in Houston.

What a very interesting video. There is a lot of information in there about the elephants but also so much historical context! I am a junkie for information so thanks for the fix! This video should be widely distributed because it should spark a very healthy and necessary debate of many issues.

Wow. Launched the video, it pulled me in and I watched straight through and find it spot on - unfortunately. I will be sharing it with others I know.

Interestingly, when Ann and I hunted with Chifuti in 2011, Andy Pugh was our videographer. He told us that as a ranger, he did elephant cull hunting - I assume in the '80's - I don't remember if the culling he did was up by the Zambezi or in another area.

Also, I have been noticing a lot of anti hunting articles on national geographic so this one doesn't suprise me.

My brother is retired USFWS. His comment was that nothing will change until things change at the top. We all need to get out and vote! Here's an article where Tim's been quoted since he is retired. He oversaw one of the largest fines on electrical power companies for eagle deaths. So, you can see where his cynicism comes from.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...nd-farms-pass-on-eagle-deaths-prosecutes-oil/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg