The Dangerous Game Rifle "The Alaskan" from Montana Rifle Company

ronp

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
The Dangerous Game Rifle
"The Alaskan"

montana-alaskan-dgr.png

A Resilient Rifle For The Professional Hunter.
"THE ALASKAN"

For those who need a weatherproof rifle and appreciate the big cartridges that require a magnum-length professional hunting action, we want to introduce you to “The Alaskan.” This DGR-SS is a double square bridge Mauser style action with the controlled round feed that’s demanded by professional hunters worldwide. The Alaskan’s PH action is made out of satin stainless steel to endure the elements, and is available in reliable large bore calibers. This Dangerous Game Rifle also comes in our Model 1999 Long Action platform for a lighter weight profile. Both satin stainless steel actions are bedded into our carbon fiber Kevlar reinforced stock in order to make the rifle impervious to inclement weather. The Alaskan is even equipped with classic adjustable iron sights. For those who don’t wait on the forecast and need a big cartridge to make a big statement, look no further.

Classic Pre-64 Win 70 Style trigger

montana-rifle-01.jpg

Carbon Fiber Kevlar Reinforced Synthetic Stock

montana-rifle-02.jpg

Drilled & Tapped for Winchester M70 Post Pre-64 Two-piece Base

montana-rifle-03.jpg

Screenshot_2019-02-05 DGR-SS Montana Rifle Company.png

Dang I like. Guess it’s a good thing I didn’t see this before I bought my 375 h&h in a sako Kodak. Lol

Does a 458 Lott really weigh in at less than 7#?
Is it possible to order a rifle in 416 Rem Mag (or any of the long action calibers) with the PH action?

Wow, that's a slick looking platform.

Congrats to MRC for the focus on function.

Perfect for wet coastal Alaska DG hunting!

Is it possible to order a rifle in 416 Rem Mag (or any of the long action calibers) with the PH action?

I developed a flinch just thinking about that...less than 7 lbs would be nice for those walks after elephant though.

I find that weight difficult to believe since my MRC stainless synthetic stocked 375 H&H loaded, scoped with Leupold VX6 1-6x and sling is right at 10 lbs.

The Dangerous Game Rifle
"The Alaskan"

View attachment 266897

A Resilient Rifle For The Professional Hunter.
"THE ALASKAN"

For those who need a weatherproof rifle and appreciate the big cartridges that require a magnum-length professional hunting action, we want to introduce you to “The Alaskan.” This DGR-SS is a double square bridge Mauser style action with the controlled round feed that’s demanded by professional hunters worldwide. The Alaskan’s PH action is made out of satin stainless steel to endure the elements, and is available in reliable large bore calibers. This Dangerous Game Rifle also comes in our Model 1999 Long Action platform for a lighter weight profile. Both satin stainless steel actions are bedded into our carbon fiber Kevlar reinforced stock in order to make the rifle impervious to inclement weather. The Alaskan is even equipped with classic adjustable iron sights. For those who don’t wait on the forecast and need a big cartridge to make a big statement, look no further.

Classic Pre-64 Win 70 Style trigger

View attachment 266898

Carbon Fiber Kevlar Reinforced Synthetic Stock

View attachment 266899

Drilled & Tapped for Winchester M70 Post Pre-64 Two-piece Base

View attachment 266900

View attachment 266901
A great rifle.

It's a nice rifle and requires a lot less immediate care, but I still prefer the original Alaskan pictured below.

View attachment 268091
That is a beautiful rifle.
Do you find that the bridged scope mount interferes with loading or maybe even ejecting a spent shell?

That is a beautiful rifle.
Do you find that the bridged scope mount interferes with loading or maybe even ejecting a spent shell?

The rifle was made in 1960. The original owner took it to northern Alberta and several moose hunts and for the last twenty years it has been my go-to rifle for anything larger than spike elk. It survived a horse falling over it, which is why it has a different stock on it. Through all of that the scope has been mounted on a one piece bridge mount and it has never come close to being a problem with either loading or ejecting cartridges and cases.

Closer to 7 lbs 8 oz.. The catalog saus long action average weight - but with the larger bore and heavier taper barrel it moves the peg higher!

We don't offer the PH action in those calibers as the fit ncely on the Standard Long action!
Thanks
Ron

The Lott weighs in around 8'11 due to heavier bbl and contour.
Can be in long action only due to bolt and feeding issues

SWEET!

Can you please let me know what's the weight of the Alaskan in 375 H&H?

very nice rifle!!! very very nice!!!

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "PH" lenght action?
Judging by calibers, on PH lenght action, my guess would be PH means - magnum action? Or I am wrong?

Can you please let me know what's the weight of the Alaskan in 375 H&H?

A quick search on their website ... The .375 is listed as long action

WEIGHT:
• Long Action Avg: 6 lbs. 15 oz.
• PH Action Avg: 9 lbs. 11 oz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg