The crazy things we do! Supposedly!

Travis2282

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Now I call it planning for the future, my girlfriend calls it just dumb, but over the weekend I walked into the local academy and I always glance to see what ammo they put on clearance and behold I see 10 boxes of Hornady dgs 500 gr 458 Lott ammo! Holy cow they are 35.99 a box! Now I don't have a 458 Lott but this is the next big bore I plan to get. Why not buy all 10 boxes right!? Haha it's a no brainier! Right?

I agree whole heartedly. I would have done the same and you saved a ton of money.

Spot on! You brought it home, right?
Bob
P.S. Is there an Academy in MN?

Travis, thats the cheapest part....now to buy the rifle........then that big5 safari........:whistle::whistle:

And they just sold a CZ 458 Lott on Gunbroker for $850.... You can tell your girlfriend that there are lots worse ways to spend $360! And just keep an eye on her shoe and hand bag collection ;)

Now you're talking! I have two.. Well, um, in 458 Lott... 6 total... for now :E Blush:

Now I call it planning for the future, my girlfriend calls it just dumb, but over the weekend I walked into the local academy and I always glance to see what ammo they put on clearance and behold I see 10 boxes of Hornady dgs 500 gr 458 Lott ammo! Holy cow they are 35.99 a box! Now I don't have a 458 Lott but this is the next big bore I plan to get. Why not buy all 10 boxes right!? Haha it's a no brainier! Right?

You have a number of elephants in your future.(y)

With women, it's all about "accesorizing", the belt and handbag have to match the shoes, etc..............

SO................................now you have to "accesorize" those ammo boxes with an appropriate rifle, and then "accesorize" both with a DG hunt in Africa.........:whistle:;)(y)

WARNING!!!!!!!!! T0 much "accesorizing" on your part, too soon, may cause your significant other to feel that they have the right to "accessorize" as well, and usually it must out do you "cost wise" in order to save face with other females.............so if you try for that DG hunt too soon, the next thing you know is you may instead be buying that new 10 bedroom home in the part of town you can't afford to live in, with the BMW parked out in the driveway..............:confused:

Buy all of it!!

that new 10 bedroom home
Just trade about 6 or 7 of those bedrooms for one big trophy room and all can work out for both of you... However you had better get to work! You need to earn more money... Those 10 boxes of ammo are going to cost you over a million bucks!

Hahaha bob! I guess I will give her the diamond ring and buy the rifle at the same time so she can't say too much!! Boy it's tough knowing she will have a Cape buffalo hunt on her finger!

Last edited:
Travis, yea but go for it! I have a couple old neighbors who are twins, very old men now.. love to hunt and fish and visit the buffet of the day... (and spend the day!) The rumor is they had girlfriends when they were young and one was about to get married and she caused some commotion between them and they swore off women... They would go around bragging how great it was, new cars, etc. were no problem because they had no women to support... But one old neighbor pointed out that new cars and the such are nice, but women are more fun! :K Date::K Flirting::K Booby::K Over 18::K Crazy Love:

Find one that's puts up with ya, ya better keep her! Ha after 32 years I guess it's getting time!

But one old neighbor pointed out that new cars and the such are nice, but women are more fun! :K Date::K Flirting::K Booby::K Over 18::K Crazy Love:

Yes, but just like cars, you can rent one.......and give it back when you're done with it. Don't have to worry about upkeep, wear and tear, etc.:sneaky:

OK, this is truly a scale of hoarding that I have never encountered before.

I get it. In similar fashion, I have purchased dies, components, and started loading ammo for a rifle I don't yet own, but plan to in the not too distant future. And the wife is fully aware of what is forthcoming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouveniaBo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!