Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Hi all,

when going through some old pictures from my visits to the Jagd&Hund trade fair in Dortmund/Germany, I came upon this picture I took from a Blaser R93. This rifle was not on the huge Blaser booth, but rather on the wall, very unsuspectingly, of one of the smaller booths. I suppose it was an independent gunshop or so. But my memory is a bit short for this picture that I took in 2015. I had always wanted to get more information about this rifle, as I really wanted to know how it worked.

There is something for all in this rifle:

For the lovers of the Blaser R93/R8,
For the haters of the Blaser R93/R8,
For the lovers of a double rifle,
For the lovers of nice wood,
For the lovers of nice engravings,

Behold....

the Blaser 93 double barreled, double- actioned rifle in .308 WIN

IMG_0142.JPG

When that straight-pull action is just not fast enough for a follow-up shot. Or when you cannot decide between bringing your blaser or your double rifle to Africa. All of this could be yours with some nice wood and engraving for the peasantly sum of 22000 EUR!

V.

Blaser Hamed , a limited factoey build series after Sheik Hamed who had many Blaser ,and wanted a double one, he paid,they built.

I have actually seen one in late 90a. Guy in store here claimed it was 8 of them ordered up here and all sold. I had to rush if i wanted the very last of them gere ever.

Blaser Hamed , a limited factoey build series after Sheik Hamed who had many Blaser ,and wanted a double one, he paid,they built.

I have actually seen one in late 90a. Guy in store here claimed it was 8 of them ordered up here and all sold. I had to rush if i wanted the very last of them gere ever.
Thanks @PerH, do you remember how these worked? It has two triggers, but did it have two bolt handles? So you recharge independently? Or you shoot both barrels and then reload both at the same time?

They worked like a ordinary R93,1 bolt handle ,i dont remember exactly how i was beside it. Balance was good,but felt bit different. Was in .375 , But as i saw later on net, one could get the Left handed bolt for it as option.

Hi all,

when going through some old pictures from my visits to the Jagd&Hund trade fair in Dortmund/Germany, I came upon this picture I took from a Blaser R93. This rifle was not on the huge Blaser booth, but rather on the wall, very unsuspectingly, of one of the smaller booths. I suppose it was an independent gunshop or so. But my memory is a bit short for this picture that I took in 2015. I had always wanted to get more information about this rifle, as I really wanted to know how it worked.

For the lovers of the Blaser R93/R8,
For the haters of the Blaser R93/R8,
For the lovers of a double rifle,
For the lovers of nice wood,
For the lovers of nice engravings,

Behold....

the Blaser 93 double barreled, double- actioned rifle in .308 WIN

View attachment 436993

When that straight-pull action is just not fast enough for a follow-up shot. Or when you cannot decide between bringing your blaser or your double rifle to Africa. All of this could be yours with some nice wood and engraving for the peasantly sum of 22000 EUR!

V.
@VertigoBE
It ain't nothing new.
Have you seen the magazine fed double bolt action rifle. 4 in the mag plus 2 in the chamber. Both barbells loaded at the same time
Screenshot_20211119-073304_Chrome.jpg

Well @PerH and @Bob Nelson 35Whelen , I thought in my youthfulness that I had found something crazy special, but apparently these are more common than I imagined!

Thanks for having shared the pics and stories!

@VertigoBE
It ain't nothing new.
Have you seen the magazine fed double bolt action rifle. 4 in the mag plus 2 in the chamber. Both barbells loaded at the same timeView attachment 437133
Unfortunately it is different. The blaser is using a straight pull bolt so it's going to be a slight bit faster and likely easier to work. The Szecsei rifle actually has opposite rotating bolts that cycled off of the lift of the bolt handle, but similar to the blaser in that the bolt heads contacting the cartridge were well ahead of the locking lugs.

The real innovation would be in making this bolt action double rifle into a single trigger design that would reliably fire each barrel individually regardless of misfiring and then cycle smoothly to replenish the chambers.

@VertigoBE you only have one picture of this rifle?

I didn’t know I needed this until just now!

I wonder what the weight would be. And would it have replaceable barrels? Do both rounds eject to the right or one each direction?

the next thing I want to see Blaser do is a .410 shotgun barrel for the R8.

No one has yet figured out selective ejection from a double bolt.

Unfortunately it is different. The blaser is using a straight pull bolt so it's going to be a slight bit faster and likely easier to work. The Szecsei rifle actually has opposite rotating bolts that cycled off of the lift of the bolt handle, but similar to the blaser in that the bolt heads contacting the cartridge were well ahead of the locking lugs.

The real innovation would be in making this bolt action double rifle into a single trigger design that would reliably fire each barrel individually regardless of misfiring and then cycle smoothly to replenish the chambers.

@VertigoBE you only have one picture of this rifle?

Yes this is the only picture I have. I wish I had taken the time to hold it in my hands and cycle it. Try it out.

I can't even afford to look at the picture!
Those guns were $50k when they first came out. The Seczei Fuchs rifle.
Hi all,

Behold....

the Blaser 93 double barreled, double- actioned rifle in .300 WIN MAG

View attachment 436993
Fixed it for you...always read the chamber stamp if you can...

Those guns were $50k when they first came out. The Seczei Fuchs rifle.

Fixed it for you...always read the chamber stamp if you can...

You are fully right it is indeed .300 Win Mag on the barrel. I had tried to read the note next to it on the wall. And I think it reads .308 Win... (after all, I took this picture more than six years ago, I really did not remember the details)

My apologies for this.

You are fully right it is indeed .300 Win Mag on the barrel. I had tried to read the note next to it on the wall. And I think it reads .308 Win... (after all, I took this picture more than six years ago, I really did not remember the details)

My apologies for this.
I just noticed it when I was ogling over the one picture... haha. Not a big deal.

You know what...you should've asked them if it came with quick change barrels.... :E Lol:

It is super cool and I'd want one even if it was a @Bob Nelson 35Whelen approved .243! We plant toe-mah-toes two at a time...LOL

I just noticed it when I was ogling over the one picture... haha. Not a big deal.

You know what...you should've asked them if it came with quick change barrels.... :E Lol:

It is super cool and I'd want one even if it was a @Bob Nelson 35Whelen approved .243! We plant toe-mah-toes two at a time...LOL
Well, that would technically make it a .486 , no? I'm sure @Bob Nelson 35 Whelen would approve of that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg