Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life Member, DSC, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Canada, RSA, USA, Zimbabwe
With all the doom and gloom both the pandemic and riots have created here in the states, I needed a little levity. I'm happy to report I and a friend are now booked for 10 days of plains game hunting with @Limcroma Safaris in September 2021. This will be my second trip and his first. I'm looking forward to all of the prep and planning, as its a huge part of the process for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the booking! It will be neat for you to see it a second time but also witness a first timer!

Something to look forward to indeed!

What species are you hoping to get? What rifle will you bring? And finally, have you packed yet??

The adventure begins, enjoy the planning and it will be very rewarding helping a buddy on his first trip, look forward to your trip report.

Something to look forward to indeed!

What species are you hoping to get? What rifle will you bring? And finally, have you packed yet??

Primary wants are kudu, zebra, hartebeest. I only took cape buffalo x2 and a blue wildebeest on my first trip. We will see what plays out from there, but I've 4-5 others on my wish list for this trip. It's a 2x1 hunt, so going to take some coordination between parties. I'm thinking we're going to create our primary wants lists for priority.

Rifles will be matching CZ550's upgraded by AHR. A 300 win mag (Swaro Z6 1.7-10 and 165gr TTSX handloads) as primary, and a 375 H&H (Swaro Z6i 1-6 and 250gr TTSX handloads) as backup.
grbINL3.jpg

In the wake of my last trip, I revised my original packing list 2 years ago with notation of what was actually used and what wasn't the first time over.

Attachments

• grbINL3.jpg
    grbINL3.jpg
    691.1 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
My wife and I are booked for Oct 21. She surprised me for our 20th anniversary next year. Like you this will be my second trip but my wife’s first. She’s decided after all these years together that she wants to hunt herself. That made me super excited. Already bought her rifle and a couple new scopes and shooting every week. Let the waiting begin. That’s the hard part.

Brandon, have you introduced your friend to AH? BTW I like your choice of rifles. Depending on what is on the menu which rifle is primary and or backup may change on a daily basis. Will your buddy be using his own rifles of sharing yours?

Mark, if you are smart you'll hang on to that wife of yours. How about talking her into joining AH so she can post the safari from her standpoint? We need more feminine input.

Congratulations!
I'm booked for July 2021 with Quagga Safaris in Limpopo. Taking a friend and his wife and teenage son. It's his second hunt and the teenager's first hunt. Will be my fourth hunt. I'm looking for my second cape buffalo, a golden wildebeest and a roan. Taking my new 416 Rigby Big Game and my Chapuis 375 H&H double. Trophy Bonded Bear Claw ammo for both rifles.

my family is going last week of june 2021 with Limcroma Safaris for plains game and buffalo. was supposed to be there now to celebrate our daughter's graduation. great group to work with on rescheduling, can't wait to get there.

Brandon, have you introduced your friend to AH? BTW I like your choice of rifles. Depending on what is on the menu which rifle is primary and or backup may change on a daily basis. Will your buddy be using his own rifles of sharing yours?

Good evening, Shootist. He is not a member here yet, though I've sent him a few links to posts I thought prudent for him. I've hunted quite a bit with the 375, so the 300 will be first to bat most likely. Greg will be shooting his own rifle, a Browning A-Bolt in 300 win mag. I built him a set of shooting sticks last week with wooden dowels and a vacuum belt with tennis wrap on the tops to practice shooting from. I built myself the same set a few years ago prior to my 2017 trip to practice off of and it helped immensely. Excuse the mess of my gun room and kids play room in the photo......
2CoMC6p.jpg

Attachments

• 2CoMC6p.jpg
    2CoMC6p.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 194
165 gr Barnes TTSX over 70 gr RL-22 in a Hornady case lit by a Fed 215M primer produced this today. Tried 72 and 74 grains with larger groups. Pretty happy with this one. Didn't bring a chrono today, but book is showing around 3000fps.
Aekb9mil.jpg

Attachments

• Aekb9mil.jpg
    Aekb9mil.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 163
With all the doom and gloom both the pandemic and riots have created here in the states, I needed a little levity. I'm happy to report I and a friend are now booked for 10 days of plains game hunting with @Limcroma Safaris in September 2021. This will be my second trip and his first. I'm looking forward to all of the prep and planning, as its a huge part of the process for me.
Great news. They are a good outfit and I always enjoy visiting with them at the shows although I’ve not hunted with them. It’s good to hear you are taking a friend on his first Safari. What a rush! This is what has me busy now and that is organizing guys on their first Safari. Sharing our passion of hunting the dark continent is so much fun!
philip

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are out of this COVID mess by next year!

You will have a good hunt with Limcroma. I bowhunted with them in 2018. Had an enjoyable hunt. The are a first-class operation.

180gr TSX and A-frames shipped today. Hopefully get out to test them next weekend. Not sure I'm going to need more than the 165 TTSX's, but it's fun to try them all.
I've been trying to do one thing a week to prep for this trip just to stave off boredom from not being able to vacation during COVID.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you