Osama Mahdi

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Greetings,

I recieved a notification informing me about the price for the trophies shopping for South Africa to Chicago.

$1085
One box, the dimensions 132×70×45. I don't know if that in centimeters!?
4 trophies plus one skin.

Since this my first, I don't know if that was expensive or not?
What was it before the covid madness?
With the oil prices rising up and up, should we expect more cost in the future?something to consider unfortunately.

Thankfully my wife not on this great site.

Regards!

What about other African countries?
Is it similar or significantly different?
Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

I recieved a notification informing me about the price for the trophies shopping for South Africa to Chicago.

$1085
One box, the dimensions 132×70×45. I don't know if that in centimeters!?
4 trophies plus one skin.

Since this my first, I don't know if that was expensive or not?
What was it before the covid madness?
With the oil prices rising up and up, should we expect more cost in the future?something to consider unfortunately.

Thankfully my wife not on this great site.

Regards!
I just paid for 3 should mounts and 1 rug from SA to Atlanta and the cost was $3,400. There will be about $600 more when it gets into port to get them finally to me.

What were your shoulder mounts? What shipper did you use? I’ve got a shipment in a few weeks and am scared that the shipping will equal the cost of the taxidermy.

What were your shoulder mounts? What shipper did you use? I’ve got a shipment in a few weeks and am scared that the shipping will equal the cost of the taxidermy.
Yes Sir all shoulder mount. I am using trophies shopper. I am not sure what airline

I would say that is reasonable amount considering the higher cost of everything that is going on in the world today.

I've got some coming into Houston by ship. Should be in port within a week.
I was quoted per kg $12 for air and $6 for sea
Let us know who you used and condition they arrived. Heard lots of horror stories of ship freight charges daily until shipment clears customs on top of shipping fee.

I used Zarach & Associates. I had a Cape Buff, Nyala and Black Impala in wall pedistal mounts then a Golden Wildebeest rug

Just had Trophy Shippers clear and deliver my crate from June 2021 trip. Yes, shipping is way up! All of mine were dip and pack. I also had a Big 5 in crate (Buffalo). That made choices on airlines limited Tom said. Turkish Airlines flew my crate out. Tambo-Istanbul-Houston

I had a shipment in June 2021 and it was about 3000, it flew Johannesburg/ Istanbul / Atlanta. It was 10 mounts. 2 big mounts kudu and waterbuck. My next shipment is 6 mounts with 2 big animals roan and gemsbok. Hopefully the shipper can find a direct flight from Johannesburg to Atlanta.

Crate cost is determined by size and weight. The internet offers a nice conversion calculator of centimeters to inches. Kilo weight is 2.2#. Very common knowledge among drug dealers and users !! LOL

It appears Turkish air dows a lot of shipping. Myself and 2 others were handled by then July 2021 til now

They do, my first shipment in 2014 was done by delta, it contained buff and ivory, then the Cecil debacle and they went politically correct and won’t do big 5 anymore. Good intentions are going to ruin this world.

I have a crate that's been sitting in Atlanta since Feb 25th waiting FWS & Customs to clear. It contains 2 shoulder mounts, Kudu, & Gemsbok and a Sable floor pedestal mount. Crate size is 49x42x41 and weighs 214 lbs. Rex Freight Forwarders (great family business, very responsive to multiple inquiries) out of Port Elizabeth handled the shipment, traveled with Turkish Airlines, and Coppersmith as broker. Price breakdown is:
Freight $ 2453.00
Terminal fee 67.00
Depot handling 65.00
Fumigation 64.00
Courier 92.00
Insurance 113.00
Rex Freight 255.00
Total $ 3109.00

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg