Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BGRC PFRC & SSAA
Hunted
Australia (WA & NT), Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa
Hello all,

Forgive me if this sounds a bit disjointed, but I'm writing this on the go! I must bring to your attention to today's online headlines of The Mirror (see: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wealthy-brit-revealed-one-most-14151635.amp) where the "Campaign to ban trophy hunting" has identified and villified an individual hunter:

Screenshot_20190318-090057_Chrome.jpg

Without going into an examination of the minutiae, this report is loaded (no pun intended) with the usual overt bias and slurs to influence the ignorant masses such as: "travels around the globe shooting wild animals for fun", and that he: "is among the world’s ‘elite’ big game hunters – very few have amassed so many of the industry’s obscene awards".

Only at one point in this prejudiced report is a brief response permitted from this legitimate hunter. It ends with another biased quote: "The CBTH said 1.7 million animals have been killed by trophy hunters in the past decade, of which more than 200,000 were endangered species."

Personally, I'd like to know where they get their data, and if these 200,000 "endangered" animals is a misrepresentation of that legitimately hunted within agreed quotas? Anyway I looked up the "Campaign for the ban of trophy hunting" bantrophyhunting.org/about and their site quotes a lot of figures, which one must reasonably question as they've even posted up an essay from a 14yo kid!! No doubt they regard this kid is an "expert"!!

Nowhere did I find any reference to my oft' quoted fact: "The WWF Director General, James Leape, stated publicly on DVD: "Hunting species in a sustainable way will continue to be a part of conservation - and should be!" (BBC DVD, 2006, "Planet earth", Episode 14, "Living together")" Perhaps this little fact doesn't sit right with their agendum!!

Anyway, I'd implore all members to make an online response outlining this sites bias and hypocrisy - as it's only by us showing a united front, and that we won't stand for this lying down (Huh?) - that we can defend our sport, and the proven positive impact sport hunting makes upon conservation.

IMO as this is another prejudiced attack by the antis, maybe we should all take the fight back? Any ideas? I've responded by highlighting their hypocrisy as being a part of society which condones the operations of abbatoirs, the plethora of televised fishing and cooking shows - and all without a single uttered word in protest!!

Timbo

Last edited by a moderator:

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
I'd first of all suggest, NOT linking these organizations web page, FB pages anywhere. It only promotes them.

Adrian

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
England year round and Namibia x5.
That's funny, I thought the wealthy Brit and prolific hunter was Dudders......

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
He's a Jet setter for sure.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Please do not misconstrue my suggestion to remove hyperlinks from replies as criticism of a well thought out reply to any Anti Campaign.

xyz biased muppets VS www.xyzbiasedmuppets.com
(note that many websites will automatically create a hyperlink if you use the www format. This address is a dead end, but a Hyperlink is still created.)

The more references and links the higher up the search chain you climb.

Just don't promote their websites. Simple.

The more they reference AH on their sites and in their posts the higher AH goes up the Google ladder. So, post more conservation content here to AH to be read by the new visitors.

Last edited:

Dudders

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
UK, South Africa, Namibia, Sweden
The thing they do not realise is, If they ban the import of trophy's I will still go hunting it will not stop me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mort Hill

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member SCI, Director-Music City SCI Chapter, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
SA, Zambia, Tanzania
At some point the walls are full, the floors are full, the garage is full of the “last” taxidermy mount. Maybe pictures of the hunt will some day be enough. Nah. A picture is worth a thousand word. A taxidermy mount takes at least ten thousand words to relive and tell the story again and again.

BRNO zkk602

AH member
Reaction score
Media
IMG_5984.JPG

I mean come on......... the least the creator of this website /administration person could do is a simple google search of the correct elephants that they are trying to save would help,
Unless there is a special some something in the water in Botswana or I have photographed thousands and hunted a handful of the wrong types of elephants on my home continent.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
YA getting to the point where taxidermy may take a back seat. But not just yet!;)

VonJager

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life, DSC, NRA Life, WSF Life
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa.
Between the wrong ele in the photo, and the claim the population is healthy due to a lack of trophy hunting , you can really see how desperate they are.

They... have.. nothing... except, “hunting bad!”

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Help me out here what is actually listed as endangered that is allowed to be hunted by western hunters? I can only come up with Black Rhino. White Rhino and lion are threatened as per USFWS. What am I missing?
Now I know their numbers are totally fabricated.
Philip

VonJager

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life, DSC, NRA Life, WSF Life
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa.
Help me out here what is actually listed as endangered that is allowed to be hunted by western hunters? I can only come up with Black Rhino. White Rhino and lion are threatened as per USFWS. What am I missing?
Now I know their numbers are totally fabricated.
Philip
The E in CITES stands for Endangered. I think it this case anything with a conservation status of Threatened which included Vulnerable, Endangered and Critically Endangered would count. The only animals not are near threatened and least concern.

In the end, we know the larger problems are habitat loss and local extinction. Wherever there is a healthy population, utilization helps the species(and the other species that benefit from the habitat being protected.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richelle55

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...