AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF, Wild Sheep Society, etc
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique
Here is another video by Sonny Side of The Best Ever Food Review Show. It again highlights how all the meat in Africa is used etc. He has over 9.5 million subscribers, so this is wonderful that it will reach so many people.

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.55.41 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m glad it presents hunting in a positive way. The comments are very positive. I think most non-hunters would focus after the kill, but it’s really hard for me to watch hunting buffalo with ear tags. I really wish he could have done same video without that.

I’m glad it presents hunting in a positive way. The comments are very positive. I think most non-hunters would focus after the kill, but it’s really hard for me to watch hunting buffalo with ear tags. I really wish he could have done same video without that.
Oh my gosh, I am ashamed to say that I didn't even notice the ear tags. Hopefully, the mainstream won't notice either.

I like the way it presents hunting and shows the great benefit that hunting can have for local communities. It also shows some not so great aspects that I sometimes see being used by anti hunting groups to push their narrative: hunter who couldn’t even bother to get in shape drives up to a herd of buffalo with ear tags and shoots one from what appears to be over 100 yards away. I haven’t watched the zebra video yet but people are even more emotionally attached to zebras so I hope it didn’t have the same problems.

I like the way it presents hunting and shows the great benefit that hunting can have for local communities. It also shows some not so great aspects that I sometimes see being used by anti hunting groups to push their narrative: hunter who couldn’t even bother to get in shape drives up to a herd of buffalo with ear tags and shoots one from what appears to be over 100 yards away. I haven’t watched the zebra video yet but people are even more emotionally attached to zebras so I hope it didn’t have the same problems.
Zebra one might be worse… using radios and walking along a fence to push a zebra out, shooter clearly hasn’t practiced and is unfamiliar with the rifle (saying something like “I’m pushing it really hard but it just won’t shoot”), shoots the zebra low in the leg then has to finish it off… again, great job as it relates to showing why hunting benefits locals, is necessary, etc. but lots of ammo for the anti’s here.

I think you will like the zebra one better. It actually goes into more detail about the benefits of hunting etc. Zebra was one of the main animals that I hated my husband hunting when we went to Tanzania but after having boots on the ground, I came to understand WHY hunting...even iconic wildlife...is so important. While Sonny's video may not be perfect, as some suggest here, I was happy to see that most of the YouTube comments about the episode were positive, even though many people hated to see the zebra die. Ultimately, they "got it" and understood its sacrifice. I did get a snarky comment from someone on the comment that I left there, but I'm used to that by now. Also, I hate to admit this but I didn't even notice the ear tag on the buffalo. I guess I was just too excited that a celebrity was covering the topic...when most won't touch it with a ten-foot pool.

......... Also, I hate to admit this but I didn't even notice the ear tag on the buffalo. I guess I was just too excited that a celebrity was covering the topic...when most won't touch it with a ten-foot pool.
99% of people will not notice or understand the significance.
Those of us more experienced folk will pick up on details. Oh well.

At least 9.5 million subscribers, folks positively leaning toward the presenter, have the opportunity to see the hunting story. Field to Fork.

All in all, I really like his initiative. It’s a rare pleasure these days to see mainstream media portray hunting as what it really is- a sustainable and perfectly ethical conservation tool. As opposed to most media who paint us as some sort of deranged serial killers who vent out our sadistic impulses on “innocent little bambis”.

I’d personally cut him some slack. He‘s not a serious hunter like we are. He is a gourmand who supports hunting and casually dabbles in it. That’s personally good enough for me.

All in all, I really like his initiative. It’s a rare pleasure these days to see mainstream media portray hunting as what it really is- a sustainable and perfectly ethical conservation tool. As opposed to most media who paint us as some sort of deranged serial killers who vent out our sadistic impulses on “innocent little bambis”.

I’d personally cut him some slack. He‘s not a serious hunter like we are. He is a gourmand who supports hunting and casually dabbles in it. That’s personally good enough for me.
I agree 100 percent!

Sonny Side's "The Best Ever Food Review Show" always brings such an exciting perspective to food exploration, especially when it comes to showcasing diverse cuisines like those from Africa. Watching how different cultures utilize meat is not only fascinating but also eye-opening. It's incredible how food can connect us globally, right?

Sonny Side's "The Best Ever Food Review Show" always brings such an exciting perspective to food exploration, especially when it comes to showcasing diverse cuisines like those from Africa. Watching how different cultures utilize meat is not only fascinating but also eye-opening. It's incredible how food can connect us globally, right?
Speaking of food connections, I recently stumbled upon this gem of a restaurant called The Revolution Pizza & Kitchen https://www.therevolution.ie/. Their fusion of flavors and dedication to quality ingredients truly blew me away. If you're ever in the mood for some culinary adventure, I recommend giving them a try!

Thanks for sharing, Sue.

This is the sort of content that we need to see more of, particularly when it comes to hunting in Africa. The meat utilization aspect is something that many people in the general public are not aware of. If they were, I think that there would be significantly less opposition to hunting in Africa and other 'exotic' locations.

Sue thank you for sharing this video. It was good to see that they took the time to positively explain where the hunted meat goes after the animal is down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!