The Battery of an Old School Professional Elephant Hunter

There's really no need to bond a bullet as large as that used in the .577 NE. Nevertheless, the Woodleigh Weldcore is bonded (hence the name Weldcore).
If only British fun makers made their guns capable of firing Monolithic solids :(

It needs to be taken on a case-by-case basis. Some mono-metal solids are easier on barrels than others (different materials, less bearing surface, more relief bands, etc.) and some of the old doubles can handle any (none of the newer ones will ruin a barrel like the A-Square bullets appear to have).

And, of course, when it comes to doubles there's always the matter of regulation. In this regard, when it comes to old doubles, Woodleigh's jacketed bullets (solid and soft) are usually best as they adhere to the original Kynoch in form.

Attachments

• ri242partial.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 195
Last edited by a moderator:
And, of course, when it comes to doubles there's always the matter of regulation. In this regard, when it comes to old doubles, Woodleigh's jacketed bullets (solid and soft) are usually best as they adhere to the original Kynoch in form.
Problem is The Woodleigh FMJ solids loaded by Norma are relatively low Velocity. Look at Norma's .505 Gibbs Magnum 600 grain FMJ Round nosed bullets. Only a velocity of 2100 fps. Such a waste of potential ! :(

Thanks for sharing this. I find it very interesting that the gentleman answered you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeannaDost

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg