The Art Of Hunting The Bengal Bush Boar: A Comprehensive Guide

When I look at the picture of the boar from India it appears to have a lot of domestic characteristics, the round belly and the white socks? Is there significant cross breeding today between domestic and wild pigs?
That is extremely observant of you , 375Fox . What actually happened ... Is this :

After 1947 ( When India became independent ) ... Several Colonial butcheries and pig farms ( Which were owned by the English and Portuguese residents of British India ) had been completely shut down ( After Europeans began to leave India ) . The surviving animals in the butcheries and pig farms were released in to the wild . Countless ( Formerly ) domestic hogs DID end up cross breeding with Bengal Bush Boars
... After they had gone feral themselves . After 1972 , when Indira Gandhi's renegade government began to spread their filthy vegan propaganda through out ALL of India ... Countless other remaining pig farms and butcheries were ALSO closed down . The surviving pigs ( Once again ) became feral themselves ... And cross bred with countless Bengal Bush Boar .

That is why several Bengal Bush Boars , today ... Possess features , which are faintly similar to domestic hogs .

Major Kahn thanks for another great read. I love hog hunting, wild boar in the USA or Warthog in Africa its all great fun, I have used a 270, 7mm-08, 30-06 and my beloved 35 whelen. I prefer the brain shot because it eliminates the need for tracking which is not one of my stronger hunting skills. The list time dad and I went hog hunting we put 1100 pounds of primal cuts in the butchers bin, we put a beating on the hogs that weekend.
Why thank you so much for your kind words , Mr. Lambart . Much like yourself ... I prefer the brain shot on most game animals , as well ( Barring Asian Sloth Bears & Sun Bears ) . On average ... Do your American species of Wild Boars also weigh in excess of 300 pounds ?

Your father , yourself and I share ( among many other things ) an immense fondness for the .30-06 Springfield calibre . My personal favorite cartridge for the .30-06 Springfield calibre ... Would have to be the 220 grain Winchester Silver Tip soft point cartridge .

Art, I thought it was 1130 lbs. but who am I to quibble about a few pounds of meat after the weekend hunt we had.
Do you , gentle men bait these brutes , Shootist43 ? Or do you have beats conducted ... In order to drive them towards you ? Or do you simply stalk them ... To shootable ranges ?

That is extremely observant of you , 375Fox . What actually happened ... Is this :

After 1947 ( When India became independent ) ... Several Colonial butcheries and pig farms ( Which were owned by the English and Portuguese residents of British India ) had been completely shut down ( After Europeans began to leave India ) . The surviving animals in the butcheries and pig farms were released in to the wild . Countless ( Formerly ) domestic hogs DID end up cross breeding with Bengal Bush Boars
... After they had gone feral themselves . After 1972 , when Indira Gandhi's renegade government began to spread their filthy vegan propaganda through out ALL of India ... Countless other remaining pig farms and butcheries were ALSO closed down . The surviving pigs ( Once again ) became feral themselves ... And cross bred with countless Bengal Bush Boar .

That is why several Bengal Bush Boars , today ... Possess features , which are faintly similar to domestic hogs .
Interesting, but makes sense. I’ve read that part of the reason the boars in Turkey are so large is because it wasn’t colonized and the population is Muslim so no domestic pigs so the boars there are still pure. I was surprised in Spain last year that their domestic pigs were in pasture, it gives a lot of potential to cross breed the wild boars there.

Major my father raised a boar hog (domestic) that weighed in excess of 600 pounds. I could see a well fed feral hog getting that large, but I would say it’s not common.

Major my father raised a boar hog (domestic) that weighed in excess of 600 pounds. I could see a well fed feral hog getting that large, but I would say it’s not common.
Oh , my . Young man ... You have just given me a new mission in life - To find and hunt down a 600 pound boar .

Really a nice article. People sometimes underestimate these brutes but they are seriously dangerous.
That is 100 % correct , Kunal Beta . Your grand father dispatched 1 of these brutes with " Indian LG " fired from a cylinder choke shot gun ... Which means that he must have shot it from a range of less than 4 metres . He was an extremely fearless gentle man .

That is 100 % correct , Kunal Beta . Your grand father dispatched 1 of these brutes with " Indian LG " fired from a cylinder choke shot gun ... Which means that he must have shot it from a range of less than 4 metres . He was an extremely fearless gentle man .
Thank You ,Sir for your kind words . He really was a fearless man.
But the incident with my father is more chilling. I will relate it here in a few days..

Poton, because of my physical challenges I hunt Boar / Hogs over bait. My son has stalked them from time to time. In some locations the land-owner / farmer / rancher knows where groups of hogs have been feeding and or destroying crops so they are hunted there. Some people hunt them with dogs and a Bowie knife. Based on my limited experience "driven hunts" or beats as you call them are uncommon.

Why thank you so much for your kind words , Mr. Lambart . Much like yourself ... I prefer the brain shot on most game animals , as well ( Barring Asian Sloth Bears & Sun Bears ) . On average ... Do your American species of Wild Boars also weigh in excess of 300 pounds ?

Your father , yourself and I share ( among many other things ) an immense fondness for the .30-06 Springfield calibre . My personal favorite cartridge for the .30-06 Springfield calibre ... Would have to be the 220 grain Winchester Silver Tip soft point cartridge .

Major Khan, The wild boar in the US can reach over 300 pounds but I think the average would be between 120 - 160 pounds but dad and I have both shot many hogs that weighed between 250 & 300 pounds. As for our hunting method I have used spot and stalk, hunted over bait and been on drives hunting the brutes. On our first hog hunt dad was not having any luck so we decided to drive the hogs his direction and he shot three hogs all weighing over 250 pounds in just a few minutes using a 30-06, all three hogs where shot in the head. I have used one additional caliber to hunt hog a 7mm International R, its a 30-30 case necked down to 7mm I'll attach a picture of that hog he was just over 250 pounds. This hog and I almost engaged in hand to hand combat but luckily he blinked first.

20160115_171138.jpg
20160115_171226.jpg

A few words of warning are requisite , here :

> When selecting members of the culling team ... Considerations as to the religion of the team members need to be made . When selecting Muslim members to be a part of the culling team ... It is imperative to ask them whether they are followers of only the Quran book or the Hadith book . While all Muslims are prohibited from eating the flesh of swine , different schools of Islam regard pigs differently . A “ Hadith “ Muslim shall be extremely terrified of the mere sight of Bengal Bush Boars , because they believe that coming in to contact with a swine will prevent them from going to Heaven after death . They believe that touching a swine will prevent them from marrying 72 virgin women in the after life . A “ Quran Alone “ Muslim ( Such as myself ) , on the other hand ... Has no such beliefs . They simply view a swine as any other animal , and treat the task of culling Bengal Bush Boars to be completely mundane . They have absolutely no hesitation in getting close to Bengal Bush Boars and treat the misfortune of getting hit by the tusks of a Bengal Bush Boar ... As an occupational hazard ( Although , like most sane people ... They still strive to avoid getting hit by the sharp tusks of these brutes ) . It is imperative that any Muslim members of the culling team ... Be confirmed as “ Quran Alone “ Muslims and NOT “ Hadith Muslims “ .

G'day Major Khan

Thank you for recommending you extremely interesting and educational article, it is greatly appreciated, and I love the way that you narrate it :)(y)

Your notes on Muslim Culling Team Members are the first that I have viewed, and I have always been curious on the subject, which is sort of taboo to write about, and is definitely worth taking in to account, so, Bravo, and thank you.(y)

One of my distant relatives during the colonial British Indian uprisings spread a rumor throughout India, that the British soldiers were smearing their bullets in pig fat, which caused an uprising in itself, as the Muslim victims would no longer be able to got to heaven. :ROFLMAO: No wonder that my relation had a lot of enemies.

Regards

Rob

G'day Major Khan

Thank you for recommending you extremely interesting and educational article, it is greatly appreciated, and I love the way that you narrate it :)(y)

Your notes on Muslim Culling Team Members are the first that I have viewed, and I have always been curious on the subject, which is sort of taboo to write about, and is definitely worth taking in to account, so, Bravo, and thank you.(y)

One of my distant relatives during the colonial British Indian uprisings spread a rumor throughout India, that the British soldiers were smearing their bullets in pig fat, which caused an uprising in itself, as the Muslim victims would no longer be able to got to heaven. :ROFLMAO: No wonder that my relation had a lot of enemies.

Regards

Rob
Why thank you so much for your kind words , Rob . It is my utmost privilege that you have enjoyed this article of mine ... So much .

No subject is ever taboo with me ... And any subject may be talked about , freely .

Like any religion , Islam has multiple schools of thought . The school which I follow ... Declares that getting shot by a bullet dipped in the blood of swine , would NOT send a Muslim to Hell . This is because the introduction of pork blood to the Muslim's system ... Was involuntary .

This is because the introduction of pork blood to the Muslim's system ... Was involuntary .

G'day Major, now that is a 'classic' response, you have an excellent sense of humor too (y):)

I am still viewing your previous articles, and I cannot believe how much time and effort you have put into them, and I am looking forward to viewing more, keep up the great work.(y)

Regards

Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!