The Antis have gone to far this time! :)

Just did the math, Assuming everyone who had applied will continue to do so. If you applied this year for the 1st time you are gauranteed a tag in 407 short years! No draw and especially sheep draw should rely on hunter mortality as your only chance of drawing. How many 85 year olds are going to wnat to hunt the tag they have waited a lifetime for and how many could!!!

You never know what those 999's have for priority for sure.
One way or the other, one day I will walk up there and wait for a Big Sheep.

Lucky bugger. Just make sure that when you are drawn that you scout at least 2 bands of rams before season and be on 1 at first light opening morning. The mistake my co-workers Father-in-law made was putting all his eggs in 1 basket. he figured with 75 rams located he would simply show up and kill one, he didnt factor someone else figuring the same thin into the equation.

Just did the math, Assuming everyone who had applied will continue to do so. If you applied this year for the 1st time you are gauranteed a tag in 407 short years! No draw and especially sheep draw should rely on hunter mortality as your only chance of drawing. How many 85 year olds are going to wnat to hunt the tag they have waited a lifetime for and how many could!!!

Then again, I've drawn an archery elk tag in AZ three years in a row, and two of those were for bull. You never know what will happen if you apply!

Then again, I've drawn an archery elk tag in AZ three years in a row, and two of those were for bull. You never know what will happen if you apply!

Lucky guy!

With our current priority system you do know to a point. Lets assume the following priority structure exists for a given draw

Priority 3, 8 Applicants
Priority 2, 16 applicants
Priority 1, 26 applicants
Priority 0, 32 applicants

If there are 5 tags available then only Priority 3s will be entered into the draw. Everyone else simply gets a priority point.
If there were 10 tags available, the 8 priority 3s would be given tags and the 16 priority 2s would be entered in the draw for the remaining 2 tags. There is no chance for lower priorities to draw a tag.

This works well for most draws but sucks for the 437 sheep draw because of high demand and low #s of tags available, that is why any draws that have been implimented since the problem was identified with the 437 sheep draw are true random draws with no priority sytem in place. The 437 sheep draw remains pie in the sky for all but those who have faithfuly applied since its inception.

I have been waiting on this tag for so many years I can not recall.
There is at least another 6 years before I will get it, but perhaps with this computer catastrophe I'll just print my own and go and blame the computer glitch.

Yup, your on the Canadian Governments list.... They hate you BRICK, your to vocal.... Whatever, all governments are the same, they conform to the minorities (the entitled generation), not the majorities (the bust your ass all of your life trying to make a better life) that put them there. Not going to Hijack your thread with a political BS, that Mike will call me a fool on. Good luck Brick I hope the tag comes through, if not maybe next year when the "global warming hoax" is finally put to rest, Sorry....

Not sure if its good news but the draws are now available. All Christine and I got was Non-trophy sheep, of course we can still hope for goat in August.

Got a text from a friend while I was out.
We will be in Wainwright. Here's to the Goat draw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross