The acceptable christmas gift

HWL

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Germany, Austria, Norway, Finland
For all women, who think costly gifts like socks, underpants and aftershave are necessary for a man...… this thread is not for you.

Something simple, lovingly built together, just wood and steel, is sufficient to make a man happy.

For example, a Ruger No1 in .405 Winchester.....

DSC04021.JPG

Merry Christmas

HWL

Merry Christmas . I received a box of these from a friend from Idaho yesterday for Christmas .
IMG_20191221_175506.jpg

I cannot wait to give them a try this Friday in my Belgian side by side shotgun.
The best Christmas gift which l ever received in my life was this , from my dearly deceased friend and former professional shikaree partner , Tobin Stakkatz . If he was still alive today , then he would have gotten me a Winchester Model 70 I .416 Remington magnum ( which l always wanted to shoot ) .

IMG_20191207_175344.jpg
IMG_20191207_175514.jpg

Merry Christmas . I received a box of these from a friend from Idaho yesterday for Christmas .
View attachment 320575
I cannot wait to give them a try this Friday in my Belgian side by side shotgun.
The best Christmas gift which l ever received in my life was this , from my dearly deceased friend and former professional shikaree partner , Tobin Stakkatz . If he was still alive today , then he would have gotten me a Winchester Model 70 I .416 Remington magnum ( which l always wanted to shoot ) .

View attachment 320576 View attachment 320577

How did he get them to you?....I would have thought it would be complicated

How did he get them to you?....I would have thought it would be complicated
In Bangladesh ( not India ) , imported fire arms and ammunition are fortunately allowed to be possessed by citizens , Spike T.
Tobin Stakkatz bought me the shot gun from Europe . I merely applied for a 2nd shot gun license and l received legal ownership of it .
Imported firearms and ammunition are widely available in Bangladesh as well.

In Bangladesh ( not India ) , imported fire arms and ammunition are fortunately allowed to be possessed by citizens , Spike T.
Tobin Stakkatz bought me the shot gun from Europe . I merely applied for a 2nd shot gun license and l received legal ownership of it .
Imported firearms and ammunition are widely available in Bangladesh as well.

That's good ... but was wondering how the shotgun rounds got to you from Idaho?

View attachment 320575

Make sure, your FN SxS has 76mm chambers....

HWL

That's good ... but was wondering how the shotgun rounds got to you from Idaho?
Oh , that is easy , Spike T. The friend is in Bangladesh now. He came from Idaho day before yesterday and brought the box of cartridges with him . I received them yesterday.
A foreigner is allowed to bring up to 250 rounds of ammunition ( the 1st 100 being duty free ) and 2 firearms into Bangladesh at any given time after filing paperwork with the TRC in Bangladesh ( which typically takes a couple of weeks ) . He cannot however bring a .303 bore rifle or a 9 mm calibre pistol ( unfortunately , but this law remained unchanged since Bangladesh was originally a part of Pakistan ) . Other than that , he can bring anything else he or she desires .

Last edited:
Make sure, your FN SxS has 76mm chambers....

HWL
Oh yes , HWL.
FB_IMG_1575727188171.jpg

It has 3 inch chambers , extractors and 28 inch barrels . Left barrel is full choke. Right barrel is modified choke . It is made in 1958 or 1959.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg