The 404 Jeffery an Icon second to none

I was sitting here thinking why would he shorten the extractor or why & how ,i see its the ejector blade, Beautiful rifles not too fancy to use if i was younger & fitter i would want a 404J. what Mauser actions does he use ?

Gert,

Have you sold any of the 404's to America. If so, do you have an idea of what the shipping and transfer costs amounted too?

Do you have any 404's left in stock or will there be another run? If so, what is the base price?

Does Johan install a 3 position M70 type safety on the action for a better scope fit?

I have read that the older Mauser actions need to be hardened for the larger caliber's. Does Johan do this or is the information I have read incorrect?

Does Johan install claw type scope mounts. If so how much of an option would that be?

As an off hand question just for my general knowledge, are the Musgrave actions pf or crf?

If you want to respond by pm, that is perfectly fine.

Always enjoy the projects you are involved in.

All the best.

Any chance that one of these rifles could be made in left hand and if so, what would the cost be? Please PM me with info. Thanks

Johan sounds like a guy I would enjoy sitting down with a cup of coffee and talking with.
@AZDAVE, Johan was the first .404 builder I tried dealing with the spring/summer of 2016, while trying to buy/import a .404 Jeffery. I was in Kosovo, but I was trying to use my FFL folks in Bryant, Arkansas. Talked to Johan several times on the phone, but could never make it work out with my folks in Bryant. They had never imported a gun and it was just over their heads. For a short period of time I just gave up on try to acquire a .404. Was dealing with @Gert Odendaal also who was/is a friend of Johan. Then you popped up on the radar....and you know the rest of the story

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross