The 2018 Expedition 1882 Era Black Powder Hunt At Weltevreden Farm In Limpopo South Africa

I am pretty sure...

The rifle is a Mauser M88 with a cut of magazin.

Please google "Mauser M88" pictures,... you will see rifles with and without Magazin.

HWL

So it is a 10.75 x 57 mm Mauser???? Are they common?

I notice the back trigger , is it a set trigger ???

I am awaiting answer from the owner who will measure the length of the round..(y)(y)(y)(y)

Dear Gert.... this rifle has a collectors value..... do not change anything,... do not fire the ammunition, because this cartrides are also collector items,...keep even the old box!!!

I can make ammunition for you, I have all the equipment necessary...

HWL

This is very bad news for me..I wanted to use it on the 1885 Era Black powder hunt..man , now I have to use my other black powder rifle..:mad::mad::mad:

Dear Gert.... this rifle has a collectors value..... do not change anything,... do not fire the ammunition, because this cartrides are also collector items,...keep even the old box!!!

I can make ammunition for you, I have all the equipment necessary...

HWL

HWL, thank you kindly..I will take you up on your offer. I really appreciate it immensely...

So it is a 10.75 x 57 mm Mauser???? Are they common?

Yes, I think so,.... they are rare, but it is a fine cartrige.

Some experts say, it had headspace problems, because of the slim sholder, but a reloader can avoid this by simply neck sizeing.

HWL

This is very bad news for me..I wanted to use it on the 1885 Era Black powder hunt..man , now I have to use my other black powder rifle..:mad::mad::mad:

I can lend you mine.....;)

HWL

No, no you will need your own rifle on the Black Powder hunt next year....I notice you like the Mannlicher Schoenauers as well> I have a .458 Mannlicher Schoenauer that I like to shoot and hunt with,,a fine rifle Sir..(y)(y)(y)(y)

Dear Gert....

At cartrige box is a DWM number "515A".... I just check what it is.... may be a 10,75x63 or even a 10,75x68!!!

HWL

The other possibility is that it is not the same ammo for the rifle????

I will make a chamber cast when getting the rifle..(y)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 10.55.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 10.55.28 AM.png
    926.6 KB · Views: 193
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 10.55.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 10.55.31 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 204
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 10.55.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 10.55.41 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
Yes, I know that round..Johab Greyling got a 10.75 x 68 last month...these are not the rounds of this rifle ,,but it is a Mauser 88(y)(y)

No, no you will need your own rifle on the Black Powder hunt next year....I notice you like the Mannlicher Schoenauers as well> I have a .458 Mannlicher Schoenauer that I like to shoot and hunt with,,a fine rifle Sir..(y)(y)(y)(y)

I love Mannlicher-Schönauers!!! ...and the .458 Winchester-Magnum is the leader of the pack...there are only a few dozen on the planet...

(y)(y)(y)

HWL

Yes, it shoots great, accurate and very light to carry around as a walk stalk rifle..I really am shooting this rifle well... It has bees standing in a a safe for twenty years, only fired fifteen rounds before I got it from a Professor of mine while I was studying..I love the rotating magazine...(y)(y)(y)

This is then an invitation to you from me to join us for the 1885 Era Black powder hunt next year 2019 . Please , you are welcome..we have black powder for you to use...I will as Hansie Minnaar to draw more brass for your rifle, cast bullets for your rifle. Please except my invention for next year HWL???

Thank you very much for the invitation.

I'm honoured to ivsit your event.

I hope I can meet your requirements.

By the way, how far from thabazimbi are you?

I have friends there, I would like to visit long since.

HWL

HWL, thank you kindly, Willie Barnard will have to learn the German Anthem, it is customary to play all the hunters` from different countries`s anthems..the God Save the Queen since Dave is a born bread Englishman..we are 34 Kilometers from Thabazimbi...in the Langkloof / Elands kloof area...I am looking forward to have you around our camp fire.. you may wear your traditional hunting clothes...I will supply you with a 1884 era tent...(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lyn302587

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois