The 2017 Expedition 1882 Era Black Powder Hunt At Weltevreden Farm In Limpopo South Africa

Yes, the participants really try to keep it as original as possible..that is the reason we keep out every plastic item if possible..(y)(y)

Member, here is a compilation made about this 1882 Era Black Powder hunt (2017) that took place this year. Cleve Cheney, participant of this hunt made this presentation.

Members, apologies, the video is being substitute with a more complete version , will upload as soos as it is available.(y)

What a fantastic adventure! You have some very talented individuals in your group. Thank you so much for sharing your adventure.

i would almost be willing just to sit in camp and be a part of the entire trip, amazing adventure

i would almost be willing just to sit in camp and be a part of the entire trip, amazing adventure
+1

It would be awesome just to sit and learn

love the detail even down to the labels on the tins!! would be interesting to see what some of the photos looked like in black and white or that sepia tint some cameras/phones can create . :D Beers:
Some of the photos are in black and white in the video..

I have enjoyed this thread and enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing.

This type of hunt can not be compared with the everyday hunt during the winter months in South Africa...as said previously it is a way of life for that week...long gone ....(y)

Gert,
I have shared information about this thread with some of our local black powder enthusiasts and they loved all that you have posted. They are not members to this forum, but perhaps soon may be. I think at least one is now dreaming about packing up their kit and joining you in the future!
I located this link from our local newspaper about one of their outings.
http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/m...cle_2e00ad54-d281-11e3-972c-0019bb2963f4.html

I have a true reproduction Hawken Rifle that I shoot now and again. Beautiful piece.

Awesome adventure, thanks for sharing. Forrest

Gert

Enjoy this years hunt like the others.

Thanks for posting

Members, please let me express my sincere appreciation for all your kind responses , it is much, much appreciated. Our fellow hunter and friend, Wallace Vosloo recently lost all his possessions in a bush fire in the Knysna Forrest. His neighbour , son(3 years of age ) and wife burned dead . Wallace`s ox wagon with all his accoutrements burned down to ashes.
We are currently planning to build him a a new ox wagon..this will be a thread I will upload as wel with a lot of photos since it will be the first ever original ox wagon build ever in our new century ...the ox wagon will be build from the ground up..using the parts of the ox wagon that is still usable after the fire...(y)(y)(y)

Gert so sorry to hear about that, give Wallace our best. Condolences to the family of his neighbor also...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.