AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia,Ireland,New Zealand,Sweden
Is there such a thing offered for those with the money?

One hunt for a month or so that will eat $250.000 with different species,not multiples of one.

A markhor?

Wasn’t there a thread on here years ago about a lady that offered bespoke 30 day safaris? Me thinks they aren’t cheap!

What about that big Mongolian sheep? Boddington got one awhile back.

There isnt a goat in the world that would tempt me if that was the cost.

If you had that kind of disposable income, I don’t think cost is ever a concern, except for maybe jets and yatchs!

I seem to recall a hunt advertised on here a few times-akin to the Royal McNab of Royal McNabs!!! The dark recesses tell me it was <$150,000ish and nearly every popular species was included. Perhaps one of the PHs is more familiar with it...I'm sure, at present, many are computing invitation letters for you, for $248,000, such that plane flight is included in your robust budget. Good luck! (I've probably spent that much on hunting over my lifetime so far!) I could also see someone doing that if they had 32 days to live...it's too much to claim a tax deduction for, here. lol They say, on average, it takes $250,000 to raise a kid. If you already have 2 but choose to hunt instead of a third, call it your 3rd kid and have at it!

Is there such a thing offered for those with the money?

One hunt for a month or so that will eat $250.000 with different species,not multiples of one.
Sure You could just go and do a full bag safari across most of sub Saharan Africa and try to get one of each species available with different outfitters on different legs of the trip. I am sure that this budget would be a bit low for a year long trip like this would probably be though.

Are we talking about a $250,000 hunt? Elephant, black rhino, white rhino, lion, Cape Buf, and leopard would eat up about that much.

You could have one put together for you, but I doubt anyone has one on offer as such because there would be little market for it.

Last edited:
I think some bighorn sheep hunts here have been auctioned at over $500,000. Read about one guy who spent over $600,000 and didn't take a shot.

Money goes to wildlife management and other good causes.

I think there was an offer last year on AH for a place in Tanzania for one month all exclusive etc for around that price, maybe it was more.

My four girls got 7 degrees between them, for nearly three times that amount. Now it is all gone, but if there was more I would happily spend it all on hunts, no conscience at all. Hey, you never know, they may use that education to make heaps and send the old man on plenty more hunts!

Here in Arizona, there have been high bids on the Governors tags for Sheep, Elk, Mule Deer, that have surpassed $250k

Just for the tag alone.

Send me a $10K retainer and I'll get you several different offers for much less than that (and a receipt from an actual company with a TIN). I suspect you know this, but you're leaving $ on the table...Send $20K and I'll set you up with the perfect rifle for the adventure. $30K for 2. :)

30 days is only costing you around $30K in daily rates (less for PG and poss more for DG). Most common PG are in the $500-$1,500 range with some premier species running $2,000-$3,500 trophy fees. DG trophy fees are typically in the $5K-$15K range (although big trophies can easily be $25K or more.) You could bag all PG available in SA/Zim/Namib for $70K over a month, then begin the next month with the D7 (SA Lion/Rhino $35K, Namib Ele/Croc/Hippo $35K, Zim Leo/Buff $30K) and you've got nearly $100K left to do a Mongolian and European tour(s) or head up to E. Africa for endemic species there...You can do even better than above with non-trophy, own-use/PAC, or you can just head to E. Africa (Tanz/Ethiopia) for a month or two and be closer to your desired total...I'd be shocked if you didn't have several PMs from PHs by now. Parting comment...There's room in that budget to have two of your favorite nieces come along, too, just to share the experience....

Don't forget taxidermist dip/pack fees, shipping, customs clearance, CITES, airport pickup and taxidermist delivery and tips (likely $25K.) Then your taxidermy bill (est. $75K). And there's your $250K. We'll call this the 2nd Mortgage Package! Insurance is strongly recommended for this one. Ocean freight is prob. a better deal back to Aus (they'll fly a flag w/ the hunter's name at no add'l. cost!)

My four girls got 7 degrees between them, for nearly three times that amount. Now it is all gone, but if there was more I would happily spend it all on hunts, no conscience at all. Hey, you never know, they may use that education to make heaps and send the old man on plenty more hunts!
Where did they attend University? My 2 "kids" (Dr. and Dentist in training) racked up about $700K in edu bills. My son, extremely passionate about hunting, says he'll "pay me back" on future hunts (Daughter says she won't put me in a nursing home.)....a free hunt would be so odd for me. rebate? lol

Ours were all at Cape Town University. Two chemical engineers, one social science, one with a masters in micro surgery. They all like hunting and fishing, in fact all out fish me.

The Antelope Island State Park mule deer tag went for $410k in 2016.
Thats right, a mule deer.

I think some bighorn sheep hunts here have been auctioned at over $500,000. Read about one guy who spent over $600,000 and didn't take a shot.
Maybe that happened when he got home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois