AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
A New York judge has come out in support of granting “personhood” to chimpanzees.

Yes – you read that correctly. A lawsuit in New York brought by the Nonhuman Rights Project seeks to declare chimpanzees “persons.”

“Does an intelligent nonhuman animal who thinks and plans and appreciates life as human beings do have the right to the protection of the law against arbitrary cruelties and enforced detentions visited on him or her?” asked Court of Appeals Associate Judge Eugene M. Fahey in a concurring opinion refusing to grant a motion permitting an appeal. “This is not merely a definitional question, but a deep dilemma of ethics and policy that demands our attention.”

“To treat a chimpanzee as if he or she had no right to liberty protected by habeas corpus is to regard the chimpanzee as entirely lacking independent worth, as a mere resource for human use, a thing the value of which consists exclusively in its usefulness to others,” Judge Fahey continued. “Instead, we should consider whether a chimpanzee is an individual with inherent value who has the right to be treated with respect (see generally Regan, The Case for Animal Rights 248-250).”

It is disturbing that he quotes Tom Regan, the American philosopher whose writings are credited with driving the modern animal rights movement forward.

One of Regan’s tenets is that if we want to ascribe value to all human beings regardless of their ability to be rational agents (i.e. infants, mentally incompetent, elderly), then to be consistent, we must similarly ascribe it to non-humans.

There is a distinct difference between animal rights and animal welfare. Current animal welfare laws consider animal abuse as a very serious crime. Granting human rights to animals is a slippery slope that elevates animals to the moral status of humans. Even more insidious, it reduces humans to status of animals.

In his book Less Than Human, Why We Demean, Enslave and Exterminate Others, David Livingstone Smith observes, (regarding the Jewish holocaust), “They were Untermenschen — subhumans — and as such were excluded from the system of moral rights and obligations that bind humankind together. It's wrong to kill a person, but permissible to exterminate a rat.”

The question is, who then makes the decision regarding where humans belong in the hierarchy of the animal kingdom? Perhaps an adherent of the philosophy of Tom Regan, or a follower of animal rights activist Ingrid Newkirk (President of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)? Her famous quote, “a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy,” would appear to argue an “eenie, meeny, miney, mo” selection process would be just fine.

A slippery slope indeed.

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

More liberal insanity!

George, the mosquito, bit me last night. I guess he was only trying to get a meal and I should respect that.

Which animal is next?

Are these people aware that plants actively defend themselves, communicate and respond to pain. Why don't we humanize them and just eat nothing.

I can’t wait to leave this insane state.

I can’t wait to leave this insane state.
Good for you. I thought California was nuts but the northeast is going beyond the insanity.

Good for you. I thought California was nuts but the northeast is going beyond the insanity.
The middle of this continent but be very high... All the nuts tend to roll to the Coasts.

When I was in Vegas some man handed me a pamphlet about the poor dogs being mistreated. I told him here in Kansas if we see a stray dog we just shoot them. He looked horrified and I thought he may start crying. I still don't know what these animal rights people are going to do with all these animals. I can't figure their end game.

New York's higher-ups have already proven themselves to be inept and irresponsible. I feel bad for the poor souls that reside there.

The article cites David Livingstone Smith's book entitled, "Less than Human". I saw a copy in the airport bookstore. Thought it was a biography of Maxine W. But seriously, treating animals with respect is an important part of hunting. It will help keep these nut cases from imposing their values on the rest of us. While most of these snowflakes are vegans, we should hammer the ones that aren't: leather belt, shoes, handbag?..............then telling me that hunting is wrong? I mention this hypocrisy every chance I get...................FWB

WTF are these Peta/animal lib/greens going to eat when it seems everything has a life to be protected?
I truly did just finish a venison and bacon burger that could just as easily be a chimp burger...mmmmm.

And still an unborn child has no rights!
Thanks for sharing this Jerome. Reading started my day off just right.

We can raise a lot of farm animals like the old days. All born and fattened right on the farm. Just be prepared to pay a lot more for meat.

Hang on y'all. Think this through.

If the chimp isn't granted "personhood" how will it be able to run for office in NY? And Lord knows they need the help!

Just look at how active those vegan nut jobs are getting. What this judge ruled reeks of their propaganda. They think that every single animal is a being that poses "intrinsic moral value" and thus they believe animals need to be on the same pedestal as humans. They even go on about how animal husbandry is a holocaust. The just bring up that Hitler was an extreme animal loving vegetarian. The look on their faces is priceless.

The amount of misinformation and propaganda they also spread to the public is rather disturbing.

Romans 1;22
professing themselves to be wise, they became fools
you cant help libtards!!!

This judge proves the old adage, intelligence doesn't equal wisdom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross