Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SOUTH AFRICA, BOTSWANA, NAMIBIA, ZIMBABWE, MOZAMBIQUE, ENGLAND, U.S.A
Since my son was old enough to be able to go on hunts with me, he has jumped at every chance. I would hate to refer to Tristan as dog, but he has always been willing to help and just like a loyal dog, has never complained about doing some of the dirty jobs.

Well now it's pay back time!

Looking forward to sharing many happy days out wing shooting with him and his thank you gift, Beretta, Gardone VT.

Thank you my son.

P1040042.JPG
Simon Leach and Tristan.jpg
Tristan shotgun.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A touching tribute to both Father and Son.

No gift like a gun from a father.... And none more lasting.

My .30/06 that I took to Africa last year was given to me by my father (and mother to be fair) in 1982 when I was 15.

Priceless.

Very nice sir.
I still have the 20 ga single shot from Sears that my father gave me at Christmas 1969. Hunted a lot small game with that thing.

@spike.t , you and Finn are going to have to join us for a bit of rock pigeons..

@Royal27 , 30-06 is perfect match for plains game in Africa.

I am sure you were a proud dad the day you gave him that gun. Great job on getting him to enjoy the outdoors with you.

One day maybe Dakota and I will get to see that gun in person with you and your son over some birds.

Shoot straight!

That´s nice of you, Simon :D Cheers:

@Royal27 , not going to suggest scope this time....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hey Simon....very well done my friend....get Tristan and that gun and come up here to put a couple of thounsand shell´s in the Beretta and burn some doves and pigeons....!!!!

@CAustin , I got my great grandfathers rifle that he shot over 400 lions with, that's my special gun.

Simon that is a rifle to be cherished and passed down from generation to generation!

Simon - Well done! Great pictures as well. Enjoyed your post.

Still remember and have my 20 gauge off brand pump I received in 1977 when 12. Wouldn't trade it for a perfect shape Parker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.