AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
ArmyGrunt you are right on! There is a Eco disaster impending in Zim. Too bad Americans can't go hunt....but our friends up North and folks across the pond can hunt there.

ArmyGrunt

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Hungary
There's an idea!:A Bulb: Maybe I get some rental property in Canada :A Camping:, go get my lion, import there. Then, put the trophies in the back of a 4x4 :A Drive:and cross back over where there's no fence! :A Give Us A Hug:

Alas, that'd be a bit cost prohibitive for a guy in my financial shoes....and only slightly illegal:A Hi Five:

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Too bad Americans can't go hunt....but our friends up North and folks across the pond can hunt there.

Huh? Americans can hunt in Zim.

ArmyGrunt

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Huh? Americans can hunt in Zim.
I meant hunt the lions. Mostly by way of bringing back the trophies, in light of the recent USFW changes

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
I meant hunt the lions. Mostly by way of bringing back the trophies, in light of the recent USFW changes

Got it.

That's a personal choice not to hunt though (if a trophy can't be brought back), as opposed to not being able to legally hunt. Really no different than choosing not to hunt due to high cost.

I've said it here before, but for me personally, and ironically, the ele ban has actually made me consider hunting a bull because it is now financially viable to me, where it wasn't before. It will be interesting to see what happens with truly wild lions and the lack of imports to the U.S. as related to hunt cost and the impact on demand.

I also don't believe that if the ban hadn't occurred that Bubye would have sold 200 lion hunts over the next 1-2 years, cull need or not.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Royal I was speaking to import. For me if I can't bring the trophy back .....I'm not doing the hunt! And your right none of this means that the park would have allowed hunts to lower population of lion!
But like Cecil the lions do come out of the park looking for food!
Question is now will Zim officials allow more quota in areas near the park on lion? Time will tell!

ArmyGrunt

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
I'm with CAustin on the trophy bit, for the most part. I would absolutely love to have Leo in my home. That said, on my first trip (last year), had my daughter told me sooner than 11 days she'd decided she wanted to go with me, I'd have foregone all the taxidermy just to share that with her. She's 12 this year, so maybe I'll convince her on the next go 'round.

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
I agree I doubt the 200 lions are past prime males and many of the culls will be females. I can't ever remember seeing a lioness hunt offered in Zim.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
I can't ever remember seeing a lioness hunt offered in Zim.

I am all but positive that it has been done, but it has been awhile. Seems like 2012-13 there were some wild lioness offered in Zim? One of the Zim guys will have to confirm and say that I'm correct though.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
So whether to hunt if you can't bring a trophy home is a personal decision for sure.

That being said, I hope that more hunters will begin to consider legal hunts where trophies cannot be brought home, letting the hunt be about the experience and the memories, of which the taxidermy only plays a small part (for me).

If we truly won't hunt an area or country from which import isn't allowed then the government of the country that enacted the ban has truly succeeded in "legislating from afar." And as we are aware, it can go further than the government doing this. It also means that the airlines or shipping companies can tell us where and what we can hunt. Personally, I won't accept that.

To a large extent the import bans are only as effective as we allow them to be.

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
I am all but positive that it has been done, but it has been awhile. Seems like 2012-13 there were some wild lioness offered in Zim? One of the Zim guys will have to confirm and say that I'm correct though.

I didn't have any money back then so I wasn't looking for hunts, lol. I would totally be up for a cull hunt in Zim though, import or no import it would be a lot fun.

dory

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Zealand . Namibia .
Surely the Oxord university can take some of these lions with the back to England .
They raised millions thanks to cecil .
Just seems the right thing to do if they were to look after a couple of hundred of his mates !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JarredFogg

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh