Thank you Very Much

Sorry 35bore, please excuse the son of a worthless camel driver. How are you mate?

You are correct spike.t. They were brought over by Afghans when the railway between Darwin and Adelaide was being built. They were great beasts of burden and when the railway was completed they turned the camels loose. Now, there are large numbers of them living in the outback (desert). They are becoming such a problem they are classed as pests and shot on sight.
Two things of interest; UAE actually buy camesl over here for their camel races. The other, there are so few camels in the middle east, that the Bedowins(I think thats how you spell it), have to pay over $1000 each for them. Hope that helps.

You are correct spike.t. They were brought over by Afghans when the railway between Darwin and Adelaide was being built. They were great beasts of burden and when the railway was completed they turned the camels loose. Now, there are large numbers of them living in the outback (desert). They are becoming such a problem they are classed as pests and shot on sight.
Two things of interest; UAE actually buy camesl over here for their camel races. The other, there are so few camels in the middle east, that the Bedowins(I think thats how you spell it), have to pay over $1000 each for them. Hope that helps.

I wonder what it would cost to ship 1000 camels to the Beduins? $$$

Same thought crossed my mind. The camels they muster(roundup) over here is done by chopper and motorbikes. They are coralled and placed into trucks and shipped off. But they only take the best camels and they are used for racing in UAE. I can just imagine it now Diamondhitch; you an I standing out there in the desert with those robes on and wearing reflective sunglasses looking like a couple of Arab pimps in front of a sign that says Achmed's used and new camels. $1000 ride away no more to pay.

Hi spike.t, There's nothing like a cold beer after a hot hunt. Be nice boys!

No fret wayne, spike and I have a drinking issue.... Issue is that we haven't drank together YET... I am sure it will be a sight to behold, hell someone may write a book about the event..

:beer::rockon::loco::thumb::draught:

A bit like BUBBA J, the Jeff Dunham puppet, but I'd really like to get together sometime (all of ya), have a quiet drink and talk bullshit. THAT WOULD BE GREAT FUN & hilarious. Just had me birthday and my eldest daughter said to me, "Dad how do you know your'e getting old?", I said, "I don't know love," She replied, "When you start having dry dreams and wet farts." I showed her the door very quickly. The hide of bloody kids nowadays. BOY!!!!

No fret wayne, spike and I have a drinking issue.... Issue is that we haven't drank together YET... I am sure it will be a sight to behold, hell someone may write a book about the event..

:beer::rockon::loco::thumb::draught:

HAH just got home from 3 birthday parties on the same day :whoo::draught: now wayne its bedouin !! have to keep you colonials correct :p;) an scott it wont be a book it will be an EPIC hollywood production OF NOTE !!:cool: !!!!:draught::eyecrazy::rockon::loco::heh: wayne as an aussie maybe you can drink a little bit......:rolleyes::D so you are welcome to join in the genteel drinking session, that will ensue at a suitable place ,that purveys the quality, quantity, and different types of alcohol that i and scott require. you of course will have an unlimited amount of fosters,tooheys,hahn,kb,xxxx,melbourne bitter,swan,boags,emu....... your choice! ;):laughing: and all sleep well wherever and whenever you go to sleep on the planet. :)

Strike me pink spike.t I'm pissed already. Truth is the older you get the less you can drink. 2 drinks and I'm anybodies. I might be chaep but I'm not easy, and thanks for the spelling correction, I wasn't quite sure how you spelt it.....oh...gawd..I know whats coming; it spelt I....T moron. I knew I left me self open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross