AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
With 2014 coming to a close I wanted to say a few words...

It has been a year full of changes for AH for which I believe we came out the other side a better site and community.

A new year is always a good time to reflect about what you are thankful and appreciative of...

I am so thankful for all of the loyal members who continue to make the site GREAT! I may provide the platform but you guys create the personality and the ambiance.

I am thankful that this site is so inviting and welcoming to new members, and that the "regulars" take the time to say hello when someone posts and let them know that they are really joining a community.

I am appreciative that members take so much time and care to answer each others questions.

I am proud to be part of our community whose members are so well spoken, well mannered and respectful, it makes this site so special and unique among forums.

I am thankful to the Sponsors and Supporters of AH, without you AH would not exist!

I am so appreciative of the amazing content Contributors for sharing your knowledge and experiences, this site would not be what it is today without you.

I'm thankful everyday for BRICKBURN, the voice of reason, AH would absolutely not be the same without him. As well as VERY thankful for his behind the scenes help with the site, which has been invaluable for several years.

I am most thankful for my wife who has helped me make this site possible and just because she is awesome!

I would like to invite everyone who enjoys this site to join in the discussion. My greatest wish for AH in 2015 is for our community to grow and become even better.

I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous new year... the healthy and prosperous part is so that we can continue hunting in Africa, which will make us happy!

With my deepest appreciation to all of YOU.
Jerome

ps. Feel free to post what you are thankful about in your life and it does not have to be about AH.

Last edited:
Jerome thank you for kind words. I have to agree with you this site has many great contributors and members. Thank you and everyone else for making it possible to join and share AH. It has only been a joy to read and share some info and experiance with fellow members.
I am thank full I could become a AH member, not every forum gets me, AH members do:D
I am also thank full for a wife that shares my passion for hunting and without her running around with clients plane tickets,hotel bookings and sight seeing trips I could not do the hunting part.
I am also very thank full for the Krieghoff double rifle that is on its way, it took enough years to make the leap.
I am thank full for every person in Africa who spends their life looking after, developing and sweating blood taking care of game animals,properties and concessions so I can get to do what I love.

Thanks again Jerome and every member here for making AH the best place to be.

Wishing each and everyone a New Year filled with Hunting,rifles,bullets and friendships forged in the hunting field.

• Jerome thanks for making this site possible for us all.Also thanks to brickburn for helping out and making sure jerome dont go crazy fixing everything by himself.
I got the bug to go to africa about 5 years ago and after I felt my son was old enough to do the trip.This site made me able to go and feel comfortable about going with no doubts it was not as hard as one would think it is.Great info that covers ever inch of going to Africa is what you find here.If the info is not here you will have people looking for the info for you.Have seen some good hunting/outdoor sites but nothing like AH were guys go out of there way to help.

What I am thankful for as the year comes to the end.I made many great friends some who I have not met in person yet but know we will hit it off.Grateful for the awesome hunts I had with my son this year with pieter at paw print and loodt from tootabi. The fun we had along with the great hunting made a year to remember for me and my son.

I am also grateful for getting to see my son grow up into man and stepping out on his own hunting this year.He hunted with both pieter and loodt with out his old man with.Lucky for him I got good reports back from both how he handle himself and how he is a good kid.

Looking forward to the new year and meeting more people who enjoy hunting and have the dream to get to africa.Really looking forward to working with pieter and paw print helping him grow.Plus looking forward to some of the stuff pieter and loodt are trying to do that will give some guys some great chances and some fun hunts in the upcoming years.

Thanks again jerome for letting me be part of this site hope I help more then hurt it with my crazy post sometimes.

Everyone have a great new year

I just found this site this year and I am sure glad I did! I've been part many websites, mailing lists, and even usenet groups back in the day and I never came a across anything like this on the Internet. From day one I was welcomed and have learned a tremendous amount from everyone here.

No exaggeration when I say that it's because of this site I'll be going on my first Safari this April but before I joined the thought of going to Africa just seemed like a pipe dream.

Thank you all for the hard work behind the scenes and here's to a good 2015!

Also big thanks and show of appreciation to those members that have offered me advice, were kind enough to answer my many questions and guided me in the right direction towards achieving my dream. You know who you are!!! And expect a visit sometime soon...i'll bring beer.
:D Beers:

Cheers
Jono

Thanks Jerome And your Bride for the great AH Forum.

Some things that AH has.

AH offers some great pro and cons on most any topic for the initial posters to look at and review the comments.

AH, if members remember to post their safari report. We have some good to great Outfitter and PH reviews for members to review while doing a information search on future safari options.

AH, continues to build additional Outfitters and PH on the site. Giving members and guests a chance to meet and greet some new areas for possible hunts.

AH, has remained objective in discussions, and everyone can learn something, no matter how young or old they are.

AH, is representative offerings in Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Chad, Uganda, Cameroon and the Congo. I may have missed a country or two. We have Asian, European, South & North America, and south Pacific postings from time to time. I sometimes think we cover the world for hunting opportunities.

We still have a great many lurkers on AH, so we really do not know the influence our great site possesses.

May 2015 bring AH and it members a safari to the countries they are looking to explore and have a great time.

Thank You Jerome and all of the members for a great site. I found this site by accident and am glad I did. I believe I was a member for two or three days before I sent money in to support the site. Most forums are full of armchair experts, not here, this place has more real world experience than I have ever seen on the net. The personalities of the members, the good natured ribbing and the obvious passion for our sport that is displayed here is great to see. Keep up the good work, and thank y'all once again. Happy and a safe New Year!
Good Hunting,
Cody

I never thought there was a perfect site untill I found AH, I was reading for some time and finally I introduce myself.....immediately I found some friends with whom I hunted in my Country as Lory and Red Leg.....I knew there had not been wrong, I was in the right place, the hunting forum I allways was looking for.

Really remarkable quality of people and the respect to the others that is shown here day after day, regardless of whether one is.....Africa, China Russia or Argentina.
That is not visible every day and less in the forums.......I have visited many forums in the last years and none could hook me but AH fence if it did.

I have said many times that this forum is a big source of hunting information around the World as never before saw nowhere.

Thanks Jerome to give this chance to enjoy this place, Brickburn and all the people who share this place.......our place.......day by day.

I am very proud to be a part of the best hunting site in the World net with out doubt.........!!!!!

Best wishes to all and a 2015 full of joy.........!!!!!

Fernando Emilio Gómez.

Jerome Thank You fir a Great Site

Thank you Jerome and brothers hunters. I found this site by accident and am glad I did. AH is the greatest portal that connects people addicted to Africa, hunting,guns and ammunition. I am proud that I am a member of the AH. Happy New Year and many hunting adventures.
Witold

I happened upon this site this year while researching for my upcoming trip to Africa. I have truly enjoyed every bit of it. I have tried other sites and hunting forums and never could really get all that excited about them. Now I am constantly on this site and have had the good fortune to have had the opportunity to correspond with the good people here. I have also been able to learn and increase my knowledge making me more comfortable for my upcoming trip. I am forever great full for the good people of AH. I am thankful that God has blessed my family and I. I am thankful for the sacrifice Christ made for all of us. I wish you all a happy and prosperous New Year.

You're welcome J. I am still glad I volunteered. :A Bulb: Although there are days.... :E Pissed:

I appreciate that AH is an international community.
In a few minutes I reviewed the guest and member IP addresses that were online in the last half hour.
(not a complete list, just a sample, not counting multiples)

Uganda, France, Spain
Australia, Poland, Canada
USA, Mexico, Argentina
NZ, RSA, Botswana
Namibia, Zambia, UK
Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark
Ukraine, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, UAE
India, Germany, Austria
China, Slovenia, Romania, Brazil

PEOPLE VISIT FROM EVERYWHERE!

Respectfulness and decency prevail here.:E Dancing:

I love real hunt reports and seeing pictures from other peoples point of view.
I gain something each time I read a report or see a new picture. Keep them coming.
Please don't be afraid or embarrassed to write your story.

AH is full of dreamers. "One day...." :A Camping:

AH is a portal to share :A Gathering: the good the bad and the ugly :A Argue:. Use it.
The more that you all share you will see that there is a whole lot of good out there.

I look forward to seeing what the new year brings us all.
Stay safe and be happy.

Wayne

ps. I had to use all those smileys after spike.t went to all that work to start a petition.

Thanks AH, I learn alot. Among many things I am thankful for is that my dad is still here and in pretty good health, he'll be 97 in a couple months.

Thanks to you Jerome, and Brickburn, for making this site possible! And by possible I do not mean the "nuts and bolts." As important as the structure is, it is not what makes AH (although bringing back the old smileys was really cool :A Banana:). What makes the site different is the soul that was started by Jerome, heped along by Brickburn, and then self policed by the members. What other site is there where keyboard warriors show the respect that is shown here???

This goes on to what I'm most grateful for this year, besides my "real" family. And that is my AH family. I can't believe the number of people that I now consider to be close friends, most of whom I've yet to meet in person. I've literally made more friends on this site over the last twelve months than I have in the real world in the last five years.

Can't wait to meet many of y'all around the campfire in the future. See y'all at DSC and beyond! :A Camping:

I will have to agree whole-heartedly. I have left every other forum I used to participate in except one due to the negativity of those individuals on the forums. This site is by far the best with many individuals offering to help with either knowledge, leg work, research or many other ways that we often need each other. The views are always positive and the depth of knowledge is phenomenal.

Like so many others, I stumbled onto this site accidentally when doing extensive research for my first African Safari. You won't find better deals or better outfitters anyway - and not just in Africa!

Thank you to all of you for everything that you do!

Jason

Thanks Jerome and your posse for making and keeping up a terrific site. I enjoy the many stories on here so that I can dare to dream. hope to be posting my own adventure from Africa someday soon. Best wishes to all AH members and Have a wonderful New Year.

Best Site on the Web, Thanks to Jerome and all the Mods who keep it that way..Happy New Year(y)

To Jerome, Brickburn and all the members of AH. I cannot thank you enough for the generous sharing of knowledge and experience!

I found AH as a relatively new hunter. I was desperate to learn more about this fascinating sport, and I was dreaming big time about Africa. I did not have any hunters in my circle of friends and was quite lost searching the net. Since then I have taken the knowledge gained here on moose, deer, boar and various water fowl hunts. More than once I have used a skill or bit of info gained here and that gives one confidence. I am now venturing into reloading and my African Safari dream will be realized, I have no doubt about that.

I am also very thankful for the information shared by this international community. I have gained enormous insight into the reality of politics and conservation.

I am thankful that I have a family that supports me with this sport. My son is enthralled and I look forward to many adventures with him. So far the spouse tax has not been too steep ;). I work out more, I work harder and I enjoy life more. No joke. Becoming part of an intelligent, humorous, friendly group inspires one to do more.

Finally, I am ever so thankful that I have a place on the net where my typos and ignorance can be preserved for future generations to ridicule. :) I must be a glutton for punishment because I love this site!!

I wish you all the very best in the new year.

Sincerely
Pheroze.

Jerome I'm very grateful for this site. I have been here a while and feel at home. Lots of people I'd love to share a camp with here! I am part of several other forums. This one is one of the friendliest and most helpful. You are not judged here and people are willing to help. Most go above and beyond.
I am thankful for my wonderful wife. She encourages me to hunt and to take the time to do the things I love. My Christmas gift was a trip to SCI as well as 6K towards a trip this year. Most generous of her.
I hope to meet many of you at SCI. I hope to share a campfire in the future with some of you. Thanks for all the help and support I have had from you. Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois