Texas Whitetail Hunts With Rockin G Ranch

Having spent a long weekend at Gizmo’s quail hunting last January, I think what I enjoyed most was sitting on his porch mornings as the sun came up with a cup of coffee and evenings at sunset with a glass of red wine. You can see a very long way! I watched mule deer and whitetail deer through my binoculars out feeding in the winter wheat. Tons of turkeys, maybe as many as 100 at a time! Coyotes occasionally showed, but mostly you’d hear them. And the pretty little bobwhites talking and feeding in the yard. Just a grand place to sit, observe nature and take life easy!
Thanks again Eric for allowing me to relax and enjoy your beautiful place!
Oh and the quail hunting was awesome!

Awesome Ranch & even better owner.... Erik & company are aces in every way. I’ll be back!

AE2E7C5A-1A7E-4EB6-BAF0-1087067575F7.jpeg
67F13925-F537-471A-ADE3-B3D458E2A1C5.jpeg
E7CB94F1-CFEB-48BB-897A-3208960D68DC.jpeg

Having spent a long weekend at Gizmo’s quail hunting last January, I think what I enjoyed most was sitting on his porch mornings as the sun came up with a cup of coffee and evenings at sunset with a glass of red wine. You can see a very long way! I watched mule deer and whitetail deer through my binoculars out feeding in the winter wheat. Tons of turkeys, maybe as many as 100 at a time! Coyotes occasionally showed, but mostly you’d hear them. And the pretty little bobwhites talking and feeding in the yard. Just a grand place to sit, observe nature and take life easy!
Thanks again Eric for allowing me to relax and enjoy your beautiful place!
Oh and the quail hunting was awesome!

Awesome Ranch & even better owner.... Erik & company are aces in every way. I’ll be back!
Thank you gentleman.......... and Brad. :p:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for going easy on me!!!!!

Thanks for going easy on me!!!!!
You ready for next weekend? I gotta get a group text out to errybody

Hey bro, you should put together a special whitetail hunt package (free range) for AH members only for 2018. I think that might be a lot of fun. I would try to get down there for that one!

Hey bro, you should put together a special whitetail hunt package (free range) for AH members only for 2018. I think that might be a lot of fun. I would try to get down there for that one!
Johnny that would be an absolute blast however I am not doing anymore low fenced deer hunting on my ranch. The mule deer shot this season was the last low fence deer hunt I will be doing for quite some time. All of my mule deer hunts moving forward will be in the high fence using native deer so I can control the age structure and trophy quality better. My whitetail hunts will also be in the high fence but will not be using native genetics. I'm hoping that the recent legislation passed with antler restrictions on panhandle mule deer will help the over all herd quality and health in a few years at which time I will re-evaluate the circumstances. A few years ago the secret got out about my area and everybody and their dog from the southern cities leased up land. As a result the age structure of our deer herds were damaged from too many young deer getting shot.
We got the mule deer antler restriction passed which will help immensely and I am wanting to organize a push for a whitetail antler restriction now to stop some of this nonsense. This was an easy decision for me as by being a steward of the animals and land it was the best for my animals. Myself and several other land owners work very hard to manage our deer as best to our ability but it gets extremely frustrating when some guy shows up from 300 miles away with his whole family and a bunch of friends and starts killing 1-3 year old deer by the truck loads.

What big game species do you hunt on your free range ?

My low fenced hunts are for turkey, boar, pronghorn, and wing shooting.

Really you have to understand the way I run my ranch isn’t a typical Texas High Fence operation. You actually hunt at my place as opposed to driving around killing stuff. I’m very particular about how animals are managed in the Fence. My population densities are also managed, sure you will see a variety of animals but it’s not so populated that there is one behind every bush. The vast majority of our Hunting is done spot and stalk. All but a few species live in breeding herds and go about their lives as the would in their native lands. The only ones that don’t live in breeding herds are a handful of the sheep and goats that I can’t limit their ability to cross breed such as Corsican, Catalina, blk Hawaiian, etc... those species were introduced at a very young age and have spent the vast majority of their lives on our ranch and know it inside and out.

Gizmo, I wasn't running down your place, I was wondering what species were on the free range. It's obvious from your pictures that you have some high quality animals.

Is that a Rambo ram on the left a few pics up? Couple of nice looking Rams in the bunch.

Gizmo, I wasn't running down your place, I was wondering what species were on the free range. It's obvious from your pictures that you have some high quality animals.
Yes sir I understand and didn’t take it that way but because of a few bad apples it gives all us a stigma associated with Texas Hunting ranches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!