Rafter JK

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Member of
Rockin G Ranch LLC
Hunted
North America, Mexico
Texas Panhandle Hunting at its best. Come hunt big mature Mule Deer And Whitetails on a 40,000 acre low fence fair chase ranch West of Amarillo TX (approximately 20 miles from Amarillo) The hunt will take place on opening weekend of Mule Deer Season November 21-23. Ideally the client will arrive early on November 20th and get acquainted with me and the ranch. During the hunt for Mule Deer you can expect to be up early, predawn and on canyon points glassing Muley's as they transition from feeding areas to bedding areas. After spotting a buck that you would like to harvest, we will decide on the best course of action to get you where you are comfortable with a shot. Plan on making a 250-300 yard shot either from the prone position, sitting/kneeling or off shooting sticks. Our Whitetails are typically hunted on the other side of the ranch where the country is a bit more flat and brushy instead of the broken canyon country where the Mule Deer are found. We are feeding corn and protein on the ranch and we do have blinds set up on the Whitetail side of the ranch if a hunter prefers to hunt from a blind. The hunter should plan on hunting hard and covering some country, again this is a free range fair chase low fence hunt inbig broken rough country. We typical only hunt this ranch during our brief mule deer season and generally offer 6-8 hunts yearly. The hunt will include::
Exclusive access to 40,000 privately owned acres managed for trophy deer
Meals cooked at breakfast and dinner, field lunch packed and eaten while out hunting
Lodging
1x1 guide
Transportation on the ranch
Field dressing of your game
Can get you in contact with a local taxidermist who does outstanding work if you would like
The hunter needs to get to Amarillo, transportation from Amarillo's Airport to the ranch can be arranged if need be on Friday November 20th
Bring a rifle you are comfortable with
Bring bino's 10x42 at least
Spotting scope if you'd like
Good boots and plenty of clothes. I've hunted in 75 degree weather and 12" of snow on opening weekend, but typically that time of year you can expect cool to cold mornings and evenings with pleasant daytime weather, but it change quickly and at times the wind chill can be rough. Come prepared!
Bring coolers to transport meat
Not included in the hunt price is the cost of your hunting license or tips for your guide.
The inclusive hunt package for the opportunity to harvest 1 mule deer buck and 1 whitetail buck is priced at $8,000 if only interested in harvesting a mule deer buck the price of the hunt is $4,500.
Thank you for your time
Justin Daniel

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to include non resident license is $315 at hunter's expense. Can be purchased upon arrival or online at TPWD.

Great offer Justin!
Guys, Justin guides for me a lot and is the premier mule deer guide in the Texas Panhandle. Not to mention he's guided me before too! These are really big mule deer, this is a bargain in comparison to other hunts in the area for big muleys.

Not a bad price for mule deer at all!

I believe it's a great value. Opening weekend, very low pressure well managed ranch, an opportunity to harvest 2 trophy deer, no tags to draw, no preference points to build up. Everybody wants to hunt Texas, this is as good as it gets for free range deer in my opinion.

Great Offer Justin, Can't do it this year but there is always next year, Good luck hard to beat that price.

That second mule deer down is dreamy.

This year the deer are in excellent condition. There will be some Giants shot. People that come hunt the Panhandle for the first time are always amazed at how big bodied our deer are.

If anybody is interested in the deal I'll discount the package $500.00 so $7500 for a Mule Deer and Whitetail!

Next year?????

I'll have hunts available next year as well, I just happened to have opening weekend available this year an was able to discount it to try and get it sold. I know I'm new to AH, but as Gizmo stated I guide for him on his ranch a lot and in doing so, I've had the privilege of hunting with several members of AH, and without a doubt they are my most enjoyable clients! They have been hunters that can truly appreciate the game, the ranch and the whole experience of the hunt. They shoot very very well and "get" conservation and what a vital part we as sportsmen and women play in being good stewards of the land and the game. At this time, the hunt is still available but I have been contacted by several potential clients. I don't expect it to last much longer at this price.

Very good offer... Wish I could take you up on it. I left all my hunting money for the year in Namibia....;)

Totally understand. I've got the hunt as discounted as I can. I hope somebody on here can clear their schedule and get on this hunt. This year is shaping up to be unbelievable. Already seeing lots of deer movement.

I know I'm new to AH, but as Gizmo stated I guide for him on his ranch a lot and in doing so, I've had the privilege of hunting with several members of AH
I only got to spend a day with Justin but would not hesitate to book with him. If I had the time this hunt would not have even made it to the board......

Thank you for the kind words Bob. Wish it would've worked out for us. I'll find you a good Muley next year.

Spent the day at the ranch yesterday glassing deer. Saw over 30 mule deer does and 6 bucks, 2 definite shooters, also saw a whitetail buck that was a 160 class deer trailing behind a doe. Great day spent with my youngest daughter!

Our Deer hunters will begin arriving on Friday. Will posts pictures and a hunt recap as time allows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg