huntinlabs

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
I will be at sheppard AFB (Wichita falls) for 21 days of training in March and the first week of April. I was wondering if there was anyone that could help me out for some hunting on the weekends? Or if anything is even in season that's worth chasing during that time? I should get a rental car so travel will not be to difficult while I am there. I would be happy to return the favor if anyone wants to come up to Alaska and hunt.

Thanks for any info.

You can always go after exotic game year round in Texas. There are a few members on here who operate hunting ranches in Texas, a few off the top of my head are @Philip Glass and @gizmo

+1 on contacting @gizmo .. Im guessing its only about a 3 hour drive from Shephhard to the Rockin'G Ranch..

Like @reedy0312 said, exotics are huntable year round.. Hogs are also a good option in March/April in my opinion (they also can be hunted year round)..

If piggies are what you want to chase there are dozens of options all along the TX/Oklahoma border.. many are less than an hours drive from Shepphard..

If you have difficulty bringing a rifle or any other gear with you, shoot me a PM.. I am about 2 hours away, but I have business on Shep AFB and can plan a "business" trip over pretty easily and deliver a rifle/binos/whatever for you to use on a hunt if that would make it easier on you..

+1 on contacting @gizmo .. Im guessing its only about a 3 hour drive from Shephhard to the Rockin'G Ranch..

Like @reedy0312 said, exotics are huntable year round.. Hogs are also a good option in March/April in my opinion (they also can be hunted year round)..

If piggies are what you want to chase there are dozens of options all along the TX/Oklahoma border.. many are less than an hours drive from Shepphard..

If you have difficulty bringing a rifle or any other gear with you, shoot me a PM.. I am about 2 hours away, but I have business on Shep AFB and can plan a "business" trip over pretty easily and deliver a rifle/binos/whatever for you to use on a hunt if that would make it easier on you..

Thank you for the offer. I may have to take you up on that depending on if I find out if I will have to stay on base or get a hotel downtown.

@gizmo is probably 2.5 hours away from the Base. I go through there on my way up to see him. It is not a bad drive at all. He has an awesome ranch.... exotics, hogs, etc. Plenty to see & shoot. Beautiful country.

Thinking maybe turkeys?

I've heard @gizmo has a few....

IMG_20171210_214947_498.jpg

@gizmo I sent you a pm sir.
Sent one back, also I can also let you borrow rifles, bino's, shot guns, fishing gear, etc.... God knows I dont have a shortage of that stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,