AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Texas Humor

One day, a very gentle Texas lady was driving across a high bridge in Austin.

As she neared the top of the bridge, she noticed a young man fixin’ to jump. ("fixin" in Texas means: has the means or abilities to take action)

She stopped her car, rolled down the window and said,"Please don't jump! Think of your dear mother and father."

He replied, "My mom and dad are both dead; I'm going to jump."

She said, "Well, think of your sweet wife and precious children."

He replied, "I'm not married, and I don't have any kids."

She said, "Well, then you just remember the Alamo."

He replied,'What's the Alamo?''

She replied, "Well, bless your pea pickin heart! You just go ahead and jump you little Liberal Yankee Democrat Bastard. You’re holding up traffic”

This made me think of a Texan lady I know.
She was likely directly quoted to create this joke.

God willing we are closing on a "place" just outside Georgetown on Friday. We'll move the flag down there permanently in the spring. We have liked the Blue Ridge and northern Virginia, but are looking forward to getting home.

Texas is a wonderful state to live in. My son lives in Houston and loves the place. 30 years ago I lived in San Antonio for a shot time and it was great!
Game ranching is becoming big business down there and I'm seriously considering a white tail deer hunt there next year.
Some of the game ranches have imported African plains game for those hunters who can not travel......as for me I can't wait yo get back to Africa and hunt again.

LOL, Good one!

I can just hear any number of gentle Texas ladies saying something like that!

I have only lived in Texas for 19 years, but I so thoroughly identify with the "stereotypical" conservative Texas worldview that I will always consider myself at least part Texan, no matter where I live.

God bless Texas!

Tim

^^^

I was born in Austin actually. And no matter where I live Texas will always be home.

I married a Texan and then took her out of state.....so what's so damn funny about this? o_O ;) :D

God willing we are closing on a "place" just outside Georgetown on Friday. We'll move the flag down there permanently in the spring. We have liked the Blue Ridge and northern Virginia, but are looking forward to getting home.

It is always good to come home to TEXAS after a foreign mission trip(y)

ha ha ha ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross