Texas free range Aoudad hunt!!! Finally!!!!

Carrie

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Well after several years trying to get a free range Aoudad, I finally did it!!!!! Solo at that!!!!! Out in the beautiful rugged country in Val verde county Texas!!!! He was about 250 yards out on the tip of a cliff and when I shot him he fell down to the bottom of the canyon 200 yards!!!! Talk about pulling out every ounce of strength and inner courage I had to get him cut up and get him back out and back to the top!!!!

1B7181E5-CB99-42DF-BBBE-992433646FB2.jpeg
18C3E9BA-8A4F-4A00-9E6F-B798E6AB0C9E.jpeg
55FA9D4B-FF30-4101-AEA0-B4DB79FBA9E9.jpeg
2B974103-2059-4FDE-8BF7-FC980BDC39D2.jpeg

WOW! Congrats on the hunt, and thanks for sharing!

Congrats @Carrie !

From your short description, I am most impressed, for a lady investing such skill and efforts!
Fantastic!

Well done Carrie!

@mark-hunter thank you!!! I could have typed out the whole description of my hunt but I try not to type that much!!! And I’d hate to share I got excited and left my pack at top and only took down my rifle that only had one more bullet in it, and had to finish him off by holding his head down with a stick and stabbing him in his side!!!! But that’s a lot more typing!!! Lol

Hi @Carrie
In your first post excitement and passsion is sticking out beween the lines. I got it, immidiately.
I am happy for you! Neither am I too much in detailed hunting reporting, have posted only one so far on this forum.
Congrats again!

That´s a nice one Carrie, congrats !

Nice job. Those are fun hunts in that country for Aoudad. Makes me need to do another one soon.

Well Done! When you came along on my hunt and even spotted mine I had no idea you hadn't taken your own yet! Great job and congrats! Do you have a taxidermist picked out yet? :rolleyes:

Outstanding. And what an adventure to go with that great ram. Doubt there are many of us here who could mount a solo expedition to do what you did. Just a tremendous achievement. Good on you!

Now that's hunting! Congratulations.

"YOU ROCK GIRL!!" thanks for sharing and showing all of us what can be accomplished when you put your mind to it.

Great Job! Great Trophy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!