Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
USA, South Africa
770F9912-C037-42E5-80F2-AF9C8CAF792D.jpeg
08571AB7-389F-4B53-AFDE-575506C592A8.jpeg
Well here we are again on the kicking off another hunting season in Texas and it should be full of adventure.

Rifle season opens in the morning but we officially kicked it off last weekend at a buddies ranch with our annual father son hunt where my son made an excellent shot on his first deer. I can tell old dad is going to get a lot less trigger time this year. This is what it’s all about

Congrats! Waiting for a return invite to hunt with a friend and his friend on a parcel of land between Bandera & Kerrville. Said he was too busy these last 2 weeks to get together and prep the property for this weekend.:E Shrug:

Excellent! I love seeing those father and son/daughter hunts! Yep you’re definitely not going to get the trigger time, but its just as much if not more fun watching and helping a new hunter out IMO&E!

oh and congratulations to the young hunter!

IMG_7058.JPG
IMG_7106.JPG
IMG_7109.JPG
IMG_7121.JPG
IMG_7085.JPG
IMG_7122.JPG
IMG_7166.JPG

My favorite huntress & I had a wonderful experience with our great friend @gizmo Unkie Erik’s Rockin’ G Ranch. My daughter poked a couple deer & turkey !

Thank you @gizmo! You’re the best!!!

Great fathering Brad! What a little huntress you have!

Reactions: BWH
Hunted texas last year out of childress with both my kids. Always a great time.
Have gone a few times and the Landowner has become a friend but still gotta pay so won't be back this year. Lol
Hoping to get my 10 yr old grandson down next year after he gets his hunter safety for a doe hunt.

Great fathering Brad! What a little huntress you have!

Thank you sir. It’s a real joy getting to
Be her dad. The Rockin G is a special place. Anyone that has been can attest. I’m afraid there are no fishing photos. She caught at least 100 in 2 hours. There was no time for pics as we were baiting hooks or removing fish nonstop. We are either the greatest fishermen or the Rockin G has the dumbest fish.

The Rockin G is a special place.
Yes sir it is! My granddaughter loved both of her hunts there!
When my old dog and I hunted quail there, I couldn’t seem to shoot up to my normal, but I was just enjoying watching my old Dog have fun with all the birds!

Yep! It is Disney World for the outdoorsman. My bird dog can’t sleep there, on the scent of the next covey. Game abounds..... whitetail, mule deer, turkey, dove, quail, pigs, etc.....
Erik has a surgeons skill with a knife for Taxidermy or just to make sure you got every ounce of game meat you want to take home.

Congrats to your daughter looks like y’all had a great trip. I sure do love hunting that part of the state just don’t get to do it quite as much as I used to

975FEB15-655D-4EB7-82F7-0DF970A39DCC.jpeg
C36AA0E5-E792-4532-805E-B2BB894EE9B8.jpeg
Well we wrapped up the first weekend of general season down here in the hill country where I shot a cull 7 pt and my son shot his second deer and first buck. A nice fat spike. Saw some absolute monster hill country bucks but we just shoot does and culls on this highly managed ranch.

Have a couple of nice bucks showing up on some other family properties we hunt so hope to get after them soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see the kids hunting and being successful. Just getting my grandson started with the sport. Just hope he sticks with it when the hormones start. Personally, I'm headed to Wheeler county in December for whitetail. Hopefully a BIG one.

You stand a dang good chance at a really good buck in wheeler
County.

Dang @BWH she’s sure a cutie! Congrats to her and her Daddy. Erik too!(y)

Thank you @Ragman She is a real gem . I could go on all day.... but I won’t!

IMG_7319.JPG
It’s not just deer season in TX! Had a great opening weekend here in NTX. Tons of ducks & Greater Canada’s. Lots of taxidermy work headed to the master @gizmo.

439CDB52-5563-42A1-9E4E-341528DB1673.jpeg
As I sit here in the stand this evening I realize I have done a pretty poor job of keeping this updated. Part of it due to getting busy and other commitments but also due to it being a little lackluster of a year as far as harvests were concerned. So most of my updates would have gone like this.

Went out hunting this morning watched a toad of a buck and some youngsters, nothing we are looking for from a management perspective. That said it has been one of my most rewarding seasons ever getting to ride shotgun with my son as the trigger man for a lot of it. He has two does and the spike to his credit this year.

I do have a Sambar hunt through parks and wildlife coming up so that may or may not prove note worthy

We have two more doe tags to fill then we will focus on trying to let the air out of a few hogs and wetting a line.

In the meantime I did finish up my sons euro of his spike and we have it proudly hanging in his room

Last edited by a moderator:
You lucky dog, our season here ended on my b-day :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg