Texas—Safe to travel there?

Those white rubber boots are called “shrimper rebooks”….:ROFLMAO:

We call them Rockport Reeboks with Rockport being a small town just north of AP. Very popular model !1

Thanks for all of your responses! You guys are all great, especially those of you who live in Texas! I know I'll do some fishing while there, but other than that I'm just going to check things out and "ride with the tide" so to speak. Thanks again!

All gaftops yes. And the guy that took me says they taste the same. Just clean the red meat off. But I have not tried them yet. Lol
People do eat them. A lot don't because they slime your line up really good and it's a lot of work.

You are not crazy for that, the river walk well that might cause me to believe you are. Haha
If you're spending time in San Antonio I HIGHLY suggest going to Alamo Cafe and trying their queso with the fresh homemade tortillas

Cross over from P. Arthur into SW LA (Holly Beach, etc.) There you can park your RV right on the Gulf and enjoy unspoiled beachfront nature (and GREAT seafood in nearby Cameron, Creole, etc.) I love TX, but the closer to urban areas you get, the more trouble you encounter (just like in most other states!) Also a ferry to cross into LA but it's $1 and fantastic.

This is just me being my facetious self, but never having been to Texas except through the airport, I was curious as to the “lay of the land”, so to speak. We’re heading out to Port Aransas Saturday from Colorado Springs pulling our fifth wheel. My wife wants to go here because of the beach and her friends from the San Antonio area will camp with us for a couple of days. I guess the water is 83 degrees right now. We're gonna stay in a campground there. I have properly headstamped cartridges for my 10mm, so any sarcastic/facetious remarks or something helpful would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Are you serious man, why would Texas not be safe? It is nothing like the outback or savana, where there are lions roaming the tall grass or wild dogs waiting for someone to feast on. The worst I would say is an angry bobcat, or a coyote that gets a little to nosey in the campsite. I don’t think any life threatening animals will ruin your vacation or hunt.

There are some decent places to eat and a few outdoor patios places occasionally with local live music and cold beer. It's laid back, beach atmosphere for sure. Corpus Christi is only 30 minute drive if you need something bigger to do. I'm not coming down next week or I'd invite you out to the ranch to shoot hogs which is only 30 miles from Port A (that's what the locals call it- Port A) . Fishing is spotty since the freeze killed a bunch of trout in Feb but beats sitting in the RV. You should be safe but there are a lot of local meth heads around. You'll know them if they are wearing white rubber boots :LOL:

View attachment 406401

Top Dining places
Encountered 'em in C. FL hunting a few times. These hard core "Rouge Cous" work at the Alligator farms/meat processing plants. LOL

I'm one of those crazy people who thinks the sublime West Texas is in fact quite beautiful.

Yes. It is also a great place to live if you're one who loves God, Country, family values, and want a great opportunity to make a good living.

I like Texas but I hate driving down interstate 35 lol bumper to bumper for hundreds of miles every time I went. It was a good time though and I'd probably do it again lol. Have fun and safe travels!!
They made great improvements on 35, still can get caught in Waco and we bypass Austin using the Toll Road. It's wide open, 85 MPH. But even 35, in most places now, from south of Dallas to San Antonio is three lanes each way. We've been making that trek from south of San Antonio to Rockwall, on a pretty regular basis the last several months. Wife is heading back up this week in fact. Sunday traffic seems to be the worst.

They made great improvements on 35, still can get caught in Waco and we bypass Austin using the Toll Road. It's wide open, 85 MPH. But even 35, in most places now, from south of Dallas to San Antonio is three lanes each way. We've been making that trek from south of San Antonio to Rockwall, on a pretty regular basis the last several months. Wife is heading back up this week in fact. Sunday traffic seems to be the worst.
Yeah I've been caught around Waco once or twice lol. I took a toll road last time I went too. No toll booths just let the camera get your plate and let the rental car place charge me $17. Texas is a great place though traffic or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosalineCl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg