Terms I am tired of hearing

Irrelevant and not true (I have shot single point "Murder Bock" Roe Deer)

Antlers are shed annually, horns are never shed.

Except Pronghorn Antelope horns. Which are shed annually.

That reminds me. On an airplane, I sat down next to a rather nattily dressed woman and tried a little small talk by asking here where she was from. She replied "Certainly not a place where one ends a sentence with a preposition", so I rephrased the question to, "So where are from, bitch"? :p:D
I hope thats a true story. Some people need to be told.

Also, bloody predictive text here stuffs sentences up when you dont realise its slotted a different word in. Frustrating but you can ussually make sense of whats written although if you read slowly and pickup the word it doesnt make sense.

May have been mentioned but WOKE is one word that makes no sense and to belabor another term, is LAME.

Last edited:
This is me when I hear the word "CREEDMOOR"

Next in line is the dufus's uttering "Send it". WTF are you doing? working in the mail room or shooting a rifle. Whoever came up with that term should be holding the target when they SEND IT!

Actually, a good friend of mine is retired army, used to be a Special Forces sniper. He uses that term, it did originate in the sniper community with the spotter telling the sniper to "send it".

I imagine I’m definitely going to step on some toes here, but what about when people refer to “Wayne at AHR”? I may be too judgmental here but does it bother anyone else? Is everyone really on a first name basis with the guy or what?
:A Outta:

I imagine I’m definitely going to step on some toes here, but what about when people refer to “Wayne at AHR”? I may be too judgmental here but does it bother anyone else? Is everyone really on a first name basis with the guy or what?
It probably depends on how much money you have paid him for rifle work over the years.

That reminds me. On an airplane, I sat down next to a rather nattily dressed woman and tried a little small talk by asking here where she was from. She replied "Certainly not a place where one ends a sentence with a preposition", so I rephrased the question to, "So where are from, bitch"? :p:D

Are you related to Cody (@Bullthrower338 ) ?

:ROFLMAO:

Some people are instantly recognizable by their first name only: Elvis, Cher, Wayne at AHR..............:)

As long as it's a good piss up party....no problem with it then....:A Banana::A Band::D Drunk:
In my experience, the term is used in this Covid thing to try to shame people into doing what someone else wants . . . and it's usually used by people like politicians, government employees or others who have secure, well-paying jobs which have not been affected by the lockdowns (other than to make them easier, since most of these aren't that relevant anyway).

If I am certain of one thing in life, it's that we aren't all in this together.

[Checked for grammar and punctuation.]

And I'm tired of hearing that "African animals are tough". Far as I can tell, that is just what you say so that a person who can't shoot worth a damn is able to feel good enough about himself to keep spending money.

I'll admit that buffalo do seem to take a disproportionate amount of killing, but if the rest of them are any tougher than any other animal of similar size, I've sure as hell not noticed.

Some people are instantly recognizable by their first name only: Elvis, Cher, Wayne at AHR..............:)

Understood. Just seems like his name is being used by some to imply to everyone that they’re buddies or something (for the benefit of the poster), which there’s nothing wrong with if they are.

It probably depends on how much money you have paid him for rifle work over the years.

True enough. I may be being hypercritical.

Muzzle BREAK drives me crazy. BRAKE, it's a brake. Unless you do something stupid. Then you might break it.
@Bert the Turtle
I don't understand the use of either term.
One is brake = to slow down. It doesn't slow the bullet down and it doesn't break the bullet either.
We should just call it a recoil moderator.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkdagasv388

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg