Terms I am tired of hearing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Firebird, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Firebird

Firebird AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa
    Then you should be on the "would you like a cigar?" thread. . .:ROFLMAO:
    Or maybe you can track him by the trail of barbecue sauce?-I'll start the corn and baked beans for when you find him:LOL:

Royal27 likes this.

2. Mr. 16 gauge

Mr. 16 gauge AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    The one that bugs me the most? "Tactical"......."tactical" this; "tactical" that......what, pray tell, makes it "tactical" (other than a cool marketing ploy)?

......and I really dislike "long range hunting"; I was under the impression that the duty of a hunter was to get as close to the animal as possible before taking a shot, thereby increasing the chances of a good bullet placement and quick kill.........not seeing "how far away can I be and still hit the critter?" REALLY?!?! Piss me off when I'm duck hunting and a hear and see A holes shooting at ducks 100 yards (and farther) away, but "It's O.K., I'm using hevishot and it'll kill at that distance"........never mind that they are over the refuge and you'll never recover them, you mental midget!!:mad:(n)

...and the one I hear at work ALL the time: "but google says......". I work in the medical profession. Pt's and their family members ask my advice/opinion, so I give it to them. Next thing I know the cell phone comes out and in 3 seconds I get the "but google says....." retort. :mad:. It takes every ounce of my being to keep from saying "Well, take your loved one home and let #&$^@*$ Dr. Google take care of them..........".:whistle:

Fastrig, ve7poi, spike.t and 5 others like this.

3. Von S.

Von S. AH Fanatic

Yea.....but was he smoked in the boiler room?

:A Banana:

gizmo and ActionBob like this.

4. 35bore

35bore AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, France
    Definitely tactical. My definition of tactical "If it works for its intended purpose ". Its definitely a marketing ploy. I fell for it once or twice, i bought a tactical knife once. Lets just say I'll take my KBAR into combat instead of the "tactical" knife i bought.

gizmo likes this.

5. Adrian

Adrian AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    England year round and Namibia x5.
    It is perfectly acceptable to smoke the meat products of animals you shoot but to claim you 'smoked him' as soon as the animal hits the ground is an annoyance that just sounds plain daft.

6. CBH Australia

CBH Australia AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
    Hunted:
    Australia
    Has anyone seen the Zmax Bullets by Hornady? I’m not a fan of the Zombie marketing. Get ready for the next Zombiegeddon. The Bullets are made to make the undead dead, dead or something.

Those that haven’t seen them they are a Hornady projectile mostly green ballistic tips or factory ammo same mostly in bulk packs or value packs. There were some air rifles with matching graphics etc.

Why not try something like Bulk projectile value packs packs for smart shooters who want to pay less for No Nonsense performance! (Hornady you can use that)

The they could have saved on graphic design and marketing and in my opinion not started using those nonsense terms.

They could have marketed toward the Tacti-cool crowd, I’d rather see black guns than Zombie nonsense.

I have used them on foxes. I smoked em’ they were DRT, I always aim for the front shoulders so I can hit em in the boiler room!

New challenge, someone find some use for this undead dead nonsense in their retort against these terms .

Von S. likes this.

7. Bullthrower338

Bullthrower338 AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
    Hunted:
    USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT
    Maybe the whole problem with the DGX is that they are only for shooting Zombie Buffalo! You would think that would have been put on the damn packaging though! :S Beat Dead Horse:

gizmo, johnnyblues, PeteG and 3 others like this.

8. gizmo

gizmo AH ENABLER SPONSOR Since 2015 AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
    Hunted:
    Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
    Dugga Boy. Good grief everyone who has shot or wants to shoot a buffalo talks about “I killed a Dugga Boy”. NO YOU DIDNT!!!!! You shot a 36-38 buffalo in the prime of his life!!!! That’s fine I don’t have a problem with it but he’s not a damn Dugga Boy

jeff and Royal27 like this.

9. gizmo

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
    Hunted:
    Omg “Harvest” I haaaaaate when people say that. They aren’t carrots. :mad:

Von Gruff and Hogpatrol like this.

10. gizmo

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Tactical shit crawls all over me as well. Take a look at this nonsense. CC89E7EC-3DC3-4E6B-B185-6457C9086F90.png It takes a special kind of dumb ass to fall for shit like this.

11. Hogpatrol

Hogpatrol AH ENABLER SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA
    Hunted:
    RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX
    This is me when I hear the word "CREEDMOOR"

[​IMG]

Next in line is the dufus's uttering "Send it". WTF are you doing? working in the mail room or shooting a rifle. Whoever came up with that term should be holding the target when they SEND IT!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2019

12. Ryan

Ryan AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Africa used like it's a country.
    It's a continent, a pretty big and diverse one with more than a few countries. You don't often hear people ask how your trip to North America or Asia was, or talk about how their trip to South America was, they are usually more specific on the locale. It's done so frequently I do it myself sometimes and hate it every time.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Pheroze, Hearties, Dirtdart and 11 others like this.

13. thriller

thriller AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NWTF, NRA, DU and QDMA
    Hunted:
    Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC
    Good to know from now on I shall proclaim "I SHALL SMOKE HIM!!!" whenever I make a good shot

14. Tra3

Tra3 AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Namibia
    Would the past tense of having just “smoked him” be better stated as “smote”? It just sounds better, Biblical better.

“And the Dugga boy lay smote.”

But then someone would incorrectly use it to describe a “smote chicken sandwich” which brings a very different image to mind.

15. ActionBob

ActionBob AH ENABLER SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA life, DSC, SCI
    Hunted:
    Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
    Dagga Boy Spear April2015.JPG

johnnyblues, Hogpatrol, gizmo and 3 others like this.

16. Adrian

Adrian AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    England year round and Namibia x5.
    Better still would be "I shot him with the intention to smoke him after he is butchered and processed."

gizmo likes this.

17. Hogpatrol

Hogpatrol AH ENABLER SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA
    Hunted:
    RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX
    gizmo likes this.

18. cpr0312

cpr0312 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe
    "Smoked him"

BBD "big buck down"

I watch about 1/3 of the hunting shows that I used to on the 3 outdoor tv channels I have because of statements like these and all the sponsorship crapola that is also associated

Hogpatrol and gizmo like this.

19. johnnyblues

johnnyblues AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
    . Oh shit, I’ve called him Mr.Spots many times. I can only say that calling him that was with the utmost respect that I have for this great and witty game animal.

20. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    Don't sweat it JB.