Ten days till first trip of year

Did you get one?

Best of luck! Nothing like carrying on a conversation with a nice Tom until he's nearly at your feet! Very exciting!

Good luck in Oklahoma !

IMG_1543.JPG
IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1550.JPG

Opening day in Texas was good for my wife and I. We hunt about 40 miles east of San Angelo, lots of birds..

@Fire652 doesn't matter now! Now that the monkey is off your back you can rack them up!
I agree. Kind of surreal though. Now that it is over it is a different feeling. Excited yet missing the chase again next year. Going to have to find a new one to go after. (Hopefully not a sheep as that would be expensive )

I felt that way once I got my slam, I finished with a Merriam, still had a tag in my pocket and just decided to sit at camp and have a cigar. I secretly have the sheep slam on my list but between points and saving up funds that is a long term one. I chose Deer as my next slam to chase. Right now I have a Columbian blacktail and whitetail to my name. But maybe coues this year and Sitka in 2019. Definitely gives you something to do that doesn't kill the bank.

I am going after each sheep. But do not know if I can do it more then once

Well Kentucky was good as well. Wind and rain but got er done

IMG_3995.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you finally got your Rio , nice tom.
you showed your pattern on the turkey target, what kind of choke, what kind of shell & shot size.
I am shooting Winchester Long beard XR #5 with trulock choke for LB # 5 shot ,Very dense pattern. Forrest

Looks like a Oklahoma was good to ya!

IMG_4037.JPG
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4022.JPG
Royal slam done. Lots of days away and I think my turkey season is winding down, but what a way to get her done.
Beard lengths of 11 and 12 (double) inches

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg