Taxidermy vs Videography

I think they are a great way to preserve a hunt. I also think the words and descriptions will far outlive any interest in a bit of taxidermy.

photo journal.jpg

Yep books and things are great.

I did when I got home and went through all the photos that I and 2 other hunters took made a DVD out of the photos themselves. Between 3 of us there were over 4500 photos to go through to get the best and weed out the strange ones. Besides our hunt we also took a week and a half tour so that added quite a bit to our photo totals.

One of the hunters actually posted a video that he made to YouTube so that everyone that wanted to see it could. One day while I was in my financial planners office he mentioned to a new person about how I loved to hunt and had gone to Africa on a safari. Well, a few minutes later we were watching that photo montage on his big screen that he usually showed me my financial status. It is fun that way because if you are near a computer or even a phone now days and someone wants to hear about my trip I can reference that video.

If anyone is interested on how that came out here it is.

Nice enjoyed the photos !

We are like you !
We put some of our slide shows and things up on youtube so they are always there to show to friends and family no matter where in the world we are. We don't really care if anyone else watches them . Its a great platform for family.
This one is a long boring slide show to most people, but it has all of our memories of the trip for us to relive. I hate the here's a photo on my phone syndrome we have become.
This was of A hunt with Victor at Karoo wild that started this thread.
We do more video now than slide show but still learning that.

Last edited:
I had my last hunt in RSA professionally recorded from start to finish. 14 days.Included time spent at the lodge, every stalk, shot and recovery. 10 animals. I love my mounted trophies but this almost 2 hour video is priceless to me. I will be doing the same in July 2022 for my Cape Buffalo hunt.

Ironically, I watched your video last weekend. Enjoyed it ! Thanks for putting it up !

We also use the hides in various pieces of furniture, like ottomans, etc that recall the hunt as a mount would. My daughter makes bespoke bags for ladies and the favourite order is zebra. The wife has put an order in for a croc belly hide, destined for a small table top I believe.

Nice enjoyed the photos !

We are like you !
We put some of our slide shows and things up on youtube so they are always there to show to friends and family no matter where in the world we are. We don't really care if anyone else watches them . Its a great platform for family.
This one is a long boring slide show to most people, but it has all of our memories of the trip for us to relive. I hate the here's a photo on my phone syndrome we have become.
This was of A hunt with Victor at Karoo wild that started this thread.
We do more video now than slide show but still learning that.

Love this Van! Brings back some great memories

Interesting discussion I had a thought about the way that the videos actually filmed. I was thinking it would be a good idea to film it more like a hunting show. If the cameraman set up some questions and the person hunting were to take a little time to present the 'show', it may make the finished product more watchable. It seems that a few people in this thread are questioning whether anyone else will want to watch your hunt video. The correct way of presenting the video might be a good way around this problem ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg