Taxidermy South Africa

Tom C, read the horror story I went through, here is the link.

http://www.africahunting.com/thread...th-highveld-taxidermists-oxi-logistics.16027/

Granted, the Taxidermist & shipper where not the one who did the damaged, but they were the ones who I thought were looking for my best interest when I purchase the insurance, and boy was I wrong. I lost big on this one, and I'll continue to let hunters know what I went through. Look at the back of the impala, and see the mediocre job done by these so called "artist". My best friend had his animals done at the same place,and some of his mounts had a lot of hair missing. This could have been because of negligence while the skins were being prep, who knows. All I know, is that next time I'll get all my stuff done in the US where I can fight back if something is not done correctly.

Luckily we have choices, and after all, the final choice will be up to you. Good luck, and please post pictures of your adventure.

Hello to all,

I am going to South Africa and hunting with Koos De Meyer and Kuche Safaris in July 2015.
The taxidermy end is a little confusing.
Do I have it done there, or do I have it shipped back here and done?
I am looking for thoughts, comments, suggestions, names, numbers etc.
Any names on good taxidermists and tanneries?
Thank you, TomC

“Out here a man settles his own problems”
Hi Tom, I like your quote: "A man out here..."
I have used Bullseye with complete satisfaction. They are doing a Cape Buffalo for me now.
You are right, the Taxidermy end is confusing. And it can get a lot worse, I've found out, if you pick the wrong taxidermist.
Bullseye will simplify it for you and their work/service is excellent.
Have a great hunt, Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg