Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Philip, are you investing in your own taxidermy business in Africa ?
No. For sure no! Just more of my experience with African taxidermy as I get more of them in.
Philip

norfolk shooter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo
Hi guys,

What’s you general experiences with taxidermy after a hunt? I like the look of highveld taxidermy but am I better to get the skins sent home and have the work done more locally? Especially if something goes wrong?

Are taxidermists in Africa good at relaying emails ect on how you’d like the mounts done? Or is it a bit of a pay your money and take your choice?

Suggestions / experience welcome!

Thanks
Mate I have had stuff done in SA that took an age. It was just some euro mounts from my first hunt and they took over a year!! The shipping then killed it too. This time though I'm going for a dip and ship to a chap called Steve Newcombe http://outwoods-taxidermy.com/ He is going to be doing my lion for me and after seeing his work and the work of SA taxidermists they are very different (in a good way). Not to mention if Steve takes too long you can pop over and give him a poke with a hot iron!!!

Nice CWD BTW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinceEnelO

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
raamw wrote on krish's profile.
send me your email.