Taxidermist tipping

Thank you, Lots of people appreciate them trust me, American are quite the tippers tho' I've heard , now that is "" in Africa Europeans are stingy tippers some don't at all ----the Ph or help.

Yes Dennis, in Europe we believe that business owners should pay their employees, and the invoice covers that. In a bar or restaurant you will leave a small tip, but not what you are expected (or required) in the US.

However, I believe in the saying that when in Rome do as the romans do. So before I book a hunt, I ask the outfitter about the expected tip, and that goes in the budget.

As to the taxidermist, I think the best tip you can give him is to bring him more business by recommendation.

No requirements in the US to tip, NONE at all.....when tipping is involved-- if it's "expected" then IT ISN'T a TIP it's a surcharge.
If I get carry outfood . NO TIP . I received no table service or good conversation or a return over and over to my table making sure I am happy and all me requirements are being handled. Any tip there is my descretion and what added value I believe received.
Tipping IS A PERSONAL decision and personal choice for ANYONE.

Sorry Dennis, if I go to a restaurant and I am expected to leave x% on top of my bill it is a tip to me.

If it were a surcharge, it should be shown on the bill.

You don't understand me....IF A TIP IS EXPECTED.... IT IS NOT A TIP !
Definition of TIP in dictionary "something given without claim or demand"

The reason we tip wait staff in the US is because they generally receive menial wages since they typically will receive tips. If the employer paid waiters the same as anyone else, they'd end up being paid far more than anyone else in the building.

That said, I have no problem leaving zero dollars on the table if my server was terrible. They don't control much, but clearing the table and keeping my drink full are certainly on them. If I'm asking for their presence or for a refill on my drink, they're hurting their own bill-paying ability

This thread is getting as exhausting as trying to make a democrat understand why I'm a die hard conservative republican....
LOL ANYWAY about the restaurant TIPS , don't put the tip on your credit card they will be taxed on the tip. Pay the tip in cash if you want and give them a signed little note, I don't care if it's on a gum wrapper or cron piece of napkin that states " Gift" they can NOT be taxed for that !!!!!!
it will the wait staff......

Taxidermist Tipping....is that like cow tipping? You sneak in to their studio while they are working on a mount and tip them over! Surprise! No I have never done that. I have taken into the shop some nice cold beer for consumption. Not while they are working on my mounts though.....

I have been doing taxidermy for over 40 years. I have received many tips over that time but never expect them. Usually the clients that really appreciate the quality will tip.

Ive got almost 30 years of taxidermy behing me, but all bird work, other than some bases I've built for the bigs over the years. Ive been remembering some of the tips Ive gotten and some Ive given as I have been following this thread.
Back before college doing finish hardware for a big construction company and once on a million dollar home the owner handed me an old timer pocket knife-with "thank you" and my name laser etched on the blade. Simply the fact that he knew my name was important at the time and he took some time to do something nice meant even more. Years later, as a general manager for the same company, driving through a subdivision later one night and I notice the sheet rock crew still hard at work at almost 0200 hours. They didn't speak much English but pretty sure they understood my gratitude when I handed them a couple six packs of beer.
Now much later, had a guy bring a couple ducks in a small yeti cooler. Told me he had won the cooler at a banquet and that I should keep it. I told him the cooler cost more than the duck mount would cost and he told me to enjoy it. We still do, though it goes to the pool more than the mountains.
Another guy came to pick up a project, showed up around dinner time with two pizzas, "for your wife and kids." Some guys just really understand.
Donated a turkey mount as part of a hunting package at a banquet years ago. A local nba superstar bought the package and called one day to arrange the free mount part. He came to the fire dept where I was working that day. Stayed awhile shaking hands and just talking with the guys-very cool. Then at pick up time he asked me to deliver the bird to a restaurant kind of mid way for both of us. And bring my wife and please join them for drinks and dinner. He did not owe me any money but his gestures of time and gratitude to myself and my friends was above and beyond for anyone. Another great guy-talked lots more hunting than basketball.
There have been a lot more through lots of years, some from high school kids who couldn't afford it and some from guys who really could afford alittle more. I don't ask for tips, don't expect them and don't rely on them.
What I am saying is that a tip can be occasional, doesn't have to be cash and doesn't have to be extravagant to be greatly appreciated.
It is not exactly the same, but take or bring your wife a diet coke or flowers or whatever to work (or home from work) for no reason at all sometime and see what happens-not that much different than tipping your taxidermist!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!