Taxidermist recommendations in South Africa

Rockhill

Reaction score
Member of
SCI and Jägareförbundet
Hunted
Sweden, South Africa, Scottland
I am looking for a really good taxidermist in South Africa. I want someone that will really put in the effort to make the mounts look alive, not just mass produce mounts as so many others do.
Who do you recommend and why?

Rockhill
You can contact Moredou taxidermy i am working with them for many years, and can recommend them any time, good service , very good work, high standard and very good prices.
mortax@mailbox.co.za. You are more than welcome to you my name .
Johan

Life Form taxidermy I have not seen better cats done like them.

Best Taxidermist in South Africa is Highveld, fantastic facilities and great attention to detail. They do all my work and I am always pleased with their work.

Reactions: BWH
Beats running around to every restaurant and trying them all yourself.
This is like asking who makes the best chili in the state of Texas!

Here's another vote for Lifeform Taxidermy. Check out their website and look esp hard at their cats..... they really are the very best.

Splitting Image Taxidermy in the East Cape.

Life Form does a great job.

Thanks for all your replies. I will look into them all, even the chili next time I am in Texas ;-)
I have also looked at Nico van Rooyen. Anybody have experience with them?

Hi there Rockhill, so can i asked who did you use at the end of your hunt?
Please guys have a look at Legends Africe Taxidermy(pty)ltd aswell..

Thanks

Another vote for Moredou. They did two full mounts (Lion and Nyala) plus 9 other mounts last year for me. All were excellent, and were shipped without any problems. They are going to do my trophies again this year...including a pedestal mount for a Cape Buffalo.

Had one experience with Highveld. Will not use them again.

My 2 cents - We used Bullseye Taxidermy fast and great work

My 2 cents - We used Bullseye Taxidermy fast and great work

Agree with Cliffy here. I attended this shop during my PH course and they were excellent. If I am in Limpopo hunting the trophies will show up at Bullseye.

Rockwell,
Not saying anything against any taxidermist mentioned here but I had Bullseye mount. 17 animals for me in 2007.I currently have Hippo, croc, sable, suni, red duiker and oribi being sent from Mozambique to Bullseye. I am VERY picky about my mounts. Craig Piddick and Bullseye are first class. Their mounts have impressed even my die hard " do not mount anything in Africa" friends. I have no problem guaranteeing you will be 100% satisfied with the quality and service you will receive from Bullseye. Not to mention, their pricing is fantastic. If you decide to contact Craig, tell him Wes says hi!

Rockwell,
Not saying anything against any taxidermist mentioned here but I had Bullseye mount. 17 animals for me in 2007.I currently have Hippo, croc, sable, suni, red duiker and oribi being sent from Mozambique to Bullseye. I am VERY picky about my mounts. Craig Piddick and Bullseye are first class. Their mounts have impressed even my die hard " do not mount anything in Africa" friends. I have no problem guaranteeing you will be 100% satisfied with the quality and service you will receive from Bullseye. Not to mention, their pricing is fantastic. If you decide to contact Craig, tell him Wes says hi!
What was the cost to ship back to the states?

I used Bullseye in Vallwater in the Limpopo province. I was more than pleased with both the quality and the price.

This is like asking who makes the best chili in the state of Texas!

Indeed it is. Allow me to add Capricorn Taxidermy in Polokwane RSA. I have used Mike Smith, the owner, on four safaris and have been by pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg